Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no problem with him being positive - the problem is always being positive and sometimes just outright lying to maintain a positive spin.

It means that when there actually is something to applaud, the impact isn't there because he's basically applauding everything and anything.

i get that in a sense. when he needs to be ruthless i'm sure he can be. i'm sure he said a few stern words at HT vs barnsley for example. He lies a lot in the press, i take what he says there with a pinch of salt tbh, i reckon he's probably more honest behind closed doors.

Hold on.

How does saying

If you say I'm utterly wrong then what you are saying is that you are 100% right which is the same as saying that this is a fact.

My opinion has nothing to do with a twitter account. I have listed the facts in the chronological order they happened. They're the facts and the simplest explanation is the one I gave. You might be right that he never had any intention of selling. It was even something I said much earlier in the window but it still doesn't negate the fact if that was the case we would have been better of knowing earlier and moving on rather than pinning the success of our whole window on this 11th hour long shot.

Either he was never going to sell or he would have sold earlier. Which ever way you look at it Martinez miscalculated. The same way he miscalculated with Nolito last summer and it's a pattern that worries me.

So I guess you can add glorious hindsight to twitter and jarg articles for your opinion forming. How on god's earth was anyone to know the real intentions of this nuclear warhead as he rumbled through the window giving out all manner of mixed messages?

Lukaku and Deulofeu say hi.
Lukaku and Deulofeu insisted on coming here which is the reason we got them. Same with Cleverly and Lennon.

Yarmolenko was different. I don't want to be too negative because if it was true then I love the fact he's going for that standard of player but if he really wanted Yarmolenko as I've said I think he went about it the wrong way. Hughes chased Shaqiri and was willing to go all in regarding money and intent even having to come back in for him and in the end got him. I don't think we quite showed that level of commitment. Perhaps if we are in for him in January then hopefully it might be something he learns from because I fear he will be put off by a bidding war especially considering Yarm has only 6 months left.

Why are people taking him seriously? He's just some bloke.

I'd rather pay attention to the River Plate fans who are gutted about him going.

I love the fact that because he lives in Brazil, that must make him an expert on all South American football. It's like if I moved to Germany and then started chatting [Poor language removed] about the Hungarian and Polish leagues just because I lived in mainland Europe. Vickery has lived in Brazil since the 90's, I'd be interested to know how many Uruguayan league games he's watched. He may well know a bit about Brazilian footy, but how is he a "South American" expert in general?

Lost a lot of respect with the number 10 situation.

Do not come out and mention it specifically, on more than one occasion, then fail to deliver. AND then go quiet about it and pretend like we had an amazing window. It's insulting to the fans.

So I guess you can add glorious hindsight to twitter and jarg articles for your opinion forming. How on god's earth was anyone to know the real intentions of this nuclear warhead as he rumbled through the window giving out all manner of mixed messages?
Because it wasn't hindsight. I said if an easy group came up he would stay which is what happened. I also said he would most likely go to Barca and the rumor now is that it was Yarmolenko who rejected us not the owner because he wants to go to Barca after their apparent interest. Let's wait until Yarmolenko gives his interview about the whole transfer saga before further commenting on it.

Hold on.

How does saying

If you say I'm utterly wrong then what you are saying is that you are 100% right which is the same as saying that this is a fact.

My opinion has nothing to do with a twitter account. I have listed the facts in the chronological order they happened. They're the facts and the simplest explanation is the one I gave. You might be right that he never had any intention of selling. It was even something I said much earlier in the window but it still doesn't negate the fact if that was the case we would have been better of knowing earlier and moving on rather than pinning the success of our whole window on this 11th hour long shot.

Either he was never going to sell or he would have sold earlier. Which ever way you look at it Martinez miscalculated. The same way he miscalculated with Nolito last summer and it's a pattern that worries me.

What happened last summer with Nolito mate?

I love the fact that because he lives in Brazil, that must make him an expert on all South American football. It's like if I moved to Germany and then started chatting [Poor language removed] about the Hungarian and Polish leagues just because I lived in mainland Europe. Vickery has lived in Brazil since the 90's, I'd be interested to know how many Uruguayan league games he's watched. He may well know a bit about Brazilian footy, but how is he a "South American" expert in general?

It's like an Argentinian paying attention to Paul Merson about a footballer in Sweden, because he lives somewhat near it.

It's just daft. People treat Vickery like he's some omnipresent God of all South American football, watching over from above and seeing any and every game and knowing every players traits and attributes like a Football Manager deity.

Because it wasn't hindsight. I said if an easy group came up he would stay which is what happened. I also said he would most likely go to Barca and the rumor now is that it was Yarmolenko who rejected us not the owner because he wants to go to Barca. Let's wait until Yarmolenko gives his interview about the whole transfer saga before further commenting on it.

Player himself has stated that they had no interest of Barca mate, the 'link' to Barca all came through a very bad repute Spanish sports paper, BTW for what it's worth the same paper that had splashed a double page exclusive that Barca wanted him - the next day on page 8 buried the story that in fact no contact had been made between the clubs

Just because a player has stated his dream would be to play for Barcelona doesn't make Barcelona suddenly buy them, else Benteke would be at Arsenal

those are facts btw

It's like an Argentinian paying attention to Paul Merson about a footballer in Sweden, because he lives somewhat near it.

It's just daft. People treat Vickery like he's some omnipresent God of all South American football, watching over from above and seeing any and every game and knowing every players traits and attributes like a Football Manager deity.

From memory Vickery has got some things massively wrong over the years as well, seem to recall him stating that Paulinho would be a massive success in the premiership

Let's not rehash that one.

But you're using it to illustrate your point? Can't debate something when not everyone knows what you're talking about. I've googled "Nolito Everton" and looked for articles from last year and can't see anything other than a lazy link.

Send me a link or something if you want if you don't want to explain it all.

Because it wasn't hindsight. I said if an easy group came up he would stay which is what happened. I also said he would most likely go to Barca and the rumor now is that it was Yarmolenko who rejected us not the owner because he wants to go to Barca after their apparent interest. Let's wait until Yarmolenko gives his interview about the whole transfer saga before further commenting on it.[/QUOTE]

Well yes that makes sense in terms of trying to prove a point, but do you honestly believe that whatever Yarm comes out and says now will have any resemblance to the truth of what actually happened? He will be well advised now to serve his boss's agenda and say whatever will put him in the best light in what was a pretty tawdry situation. The problem here is that Sukris has done all the post-event talking - and you choose to believe everything he says as gospel - Martinez has made no comment whatsoever so we don't know any other side, except whether you choose to believe @roydo's source...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back