Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player himself has stated that they had no interest of Barca mate, the 'link' to Barca all came through a very bad repute Spanish sports paper, BTW for what it's worth the same paper that had splashed a double page exclusive that Barca wanted him - the next day on page 8 buried the story that in fact no contact had been made between the clubs

Just because a player has stated his dream would be to play for Barcelona doesn't make Barcelona suddenly buy them, else Benteke would be at Arsenal

those are facts btw
They didn't bury it they just back tracked from their earlier position that it was a done deal. Let's wait and see what happens.

There's no problem with him being positive - the problem is always being positive and sometimes just outright lying to maintain a positive spin.

It means that when there actually is something to applaud, the impact isn't there because he's basically applauding everything and anything.

i get what your saying, however i dont think he will be applauding them in the dressing room. he will just applaud them to the media. look at Tim Sherwood, after a game he would come out at tottenham and say "he was rubbish blah blah" that cant help the team. it is annoying on our part becasue when we play crap and he says we where phenominal, it just wasnt.

But you're using it to illustrate your point? Can't debate something when not everyone knows what you're talking about. I've googled "Nolito Everton" and looked for articles from last year and can't see anything other than a lazy link.

Send me a link or something if you want if you don't want to explain it all.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-transfer-gossip-blues-7587792
http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exclusive-everton-fc-target-spanish-star-nolito-32346
etc

There's a load of them and it was what was talked about on this forum last year. Just stick a custom range into Google.

btw - That 2nd one mentioned Atsu who did eventually come so don't just call it jarg.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-transfer-gossip-blues-7587792
http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exclusive-everton-fc-target-spanish-star-nolito-32346
etc

There's a load of them and it was what was talked about on this forum last year. Just stick a custom range into Google.

btw - That 2nd one mentioned Atsu who did eventually come so don't just call it jarg.

It's written by a 'sports journalist' who lives in Nepal and has 55 followers on twitter. Oh and he is a Man United fan - from Nepal, sure he has his finger on the pulse of news mate

Your biggest problem is that you will find one story from a completely unreliable source and then believe it due to another 10 unreliable sources reporting it, not realising that all the subsequent stories are effectively using the original as their 'source'

Would have been nice if he'd been truthful about the results of the window not being optimal by any means - instead of his usual faux-positive nonsense.

He missed out on improving two areas of the pitch he himself said was necessary. Would be nice to hear him call a spade a spade every now and again.

That's my biggest hate with him. No harm in slagging the team off everyone now and again as well. It can bring a positive reaction. He needs to toughen up a bit and stop being a fanny.

Never a better time to play Chelsea, everyone's been tonkin them, watch us get slapped, so predictable i'm throwin a $100 on it

Goodison will be at its bear pit best. Nothing better than a hostile Goodison, snarling at a liner who gives a 'dubious' throw in to the opposition. Damn annoyed I will be working until 12, so will miss the live game but catch it on TV down the boozer. Those plastic Chelsea lot better watch out and when I give them my rendition of 'Money can't buy you Stones'. That is before the barman bars me.

We have gone from Dr Doom (Moyes), to 'everything is incredibly phenomenal' in Martinez....Everton that!

I'd prefer Martinez any day over Moyes but i always knew were we stood with Moyes, when there was no money he would publicly say there is no money, people on here are saying that Martinez can't talk about his employers like that, so imo they are admiting he is a bigger yes man than Moyes

It's written by a 'sports journalist' who lives in Nepal and has 55 followers on twitter. Oh and he is a Man United fan - from Nepal, sure he has his finger on the pulse of news mate

Your biggest problem is that you will find one story from a completely unreliable source and then believe it due to another 10 unreliable sources reporting it, not realising that all the subsequent stories are effectively using the original as their 'source'
He was right about Atsu from all the way in Nepal. :)

It was just the first 2nd one on the bloody list. There was loads others. I'm not getting into a credible outlet discussion. I had enough of that during the window.

If you know anything about online journalism and I do because it's related to the field I work in then you will know that the same article is reprinted or reworded by loads of outlets.

You said that there was nothing except a "lazy" link. I showed you the first two and then I told you how you could use Google to show more because it was clear you didn't know.

Goodison will be at its bear pit best. Nothing better than a hostile Goodison, snarling at a liner who gives a 'dubious' throw in to the opposition. Damn annoyed I will be working until 12, so will miss the live game but catch it on TV down the boozer. Those plastic Chelsea lot better watch out and when I give them my rendition of 'Money can't buy you Stones'. That is before the barman bars me.
Is Chelsea more important this year than the Goodison derby?

He was right about Atsu from all the way in Nepal. :)

It was just the first 2nd one on the bloody list. There was loads others. I'm not getting into a credible outlet discussion. I had enough of that during the window.

If you know anything about online journalism and I do because it's related to the field I work in then you will know that the same article is reprinted or reworded by loads of outlets.

You said that there was nothing except a "lazy" link. I showed you the first two and then I told you how you could use Google to show more because it was clear you didn't know.

lol

In this day and age, with this level of spending, Martinez getting in Deulofeu, Cleverley and Lennon for a total cost of £8.5M would have been like Moyes getting in three similar quality players for about 10 bob. There's no stick to be had here to beat the manager with.

The Mori deal looks overpriced, but those three at that price would have had even dithering dave punching the air with pride. I think he's done good business here with what little he had. If Mori turns out trumps then it'll have been one of the best value windows ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back