Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoming;

View attachment 13323

Outgoing;

View attachment 13324

What do we reckon?
Very Moyes like actually.

We just need a few of those younger players to come good. I think that's where it can be judged. Moyes always turned at least one kid or 1m-3m signing into a 10m signing or above every couple of years and that signing became his transfer kitty to repeat the process.

So far I can probably see Deulofeu, Mori and the kids the only ones that will really be in that category and the kids are too early to judge.

Luckily for Martinez the squad is relatively strong at the moment and hopefully he will get more backing than Moyes. Next season will be interesting because a lot of older players are coming to the end.

In this day and age, with this level of spending, Martinez getting in Deulofeu, Cleverley and Lennon for a total cost of £8.5M would have been like Moyes getting in three similar quality players for about 10 bob. There's no stick to be had here to beat the manager with.

The Mori deal looks overpriced, but those three at that price would have had even dithering dave punching the air with pride. I think he's done good business here with what little he had. If Mori turns out trumps then it'll have been one of the best value windows ever.

Lets face it just paying 8 mill for Deulofeu would be seen as a shrewd signing

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-transfer-gossip-blues-7587792
http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exclusive-everton-fc-target-spanish-star-nolito-32346
etc

There's a load of them and it was what was talked about on this forum last year. Just stick a custom range into Google.

btw - That 2nd one mentioned Atsu who did eventually come so don't just call it jarg.

He was right about Atsu from all the way in Nepal. :)

It was just the first 2nd one on the bloody list. There was loads others. I'm not getting into a credible outlet discussion. I had enough of that during the window.

If you know anything about online journalism and I do because it's related to the field I work in then you will know that the same article is reprinted or reworded by loads of outlets.

You said that there was nothing except a "lazy" link. I showed you the first two and then I told you how you could use Google to show more because it was clear you didn't know.

Ok...So without attacking the credibility of sports witness, quoting Atsu when it was widely reported that Chelsea had reservations based on game time, and the gossip page of the echo....

Where in either of those pages do it suggest Martinez made a managerial error? Because that was your original point remember.

You think he could have signed Nolito and didn't? You think Nolito wanted to come to England? That we could meet his salary expectations?

Assuming net transfer spend of 20mio/year and maintaining operating expenses at about 105mio/year, by the end of the big TV deal (May 2019), Everton will have no debt and a bank balance of 40 million pounds (workings to be presented in the finance thread)
Sounds good but to make infrastructural 'leap' (stadium) this is kind of meh. ie need capital injection...and it can't be debt (unless bumper TV revenue is guaranteed for 20 years...I suggest it won't and indeed believe we have reached peak TV money 'insanity'). Economically, the world is in the first phase of contraction. The falls recently witnessed in global sharemarkets?...you aint seen nothing yet.

Last edited:
Assuming net transfer spend of 20mio/year and maintaining operating expenses at about 105mio/year, by the end of the big TV deal (May 2019), Everton will have no debt and a bank balance of 40 million pounds (workings to be presented in the finance thread)

That'd be lovely mate but we all know the board will continue taking out loan after loan to repay loan after loan and increasing our debt.

That'd be lovely mate but we all know the board will continue taking out loan after loan to repay loan after loan and increasing our debt.
The bridging finance loans to cover off season activity will cease after the May-aug 2017 period...an amount 11 mio debt will be drawn in that period taking total debt at the actual kick off start of the 2017/18 season (ie Aug 2017) to 30mio. Cash inflow that season (to May 2018) will be 41 mio. Thus at the end of the 17/18 season, Everton will have no debt and about 11 mio in the bank.
Note..I am making assumptions on operating expenses held constant around 105 mio and disregarding movements in working capital (specifically ,the timing of payments/receipts as concern transfers).
Anyway, I will show my calcs in the finance thread (for those interested)

The bridging finance loans to cover off season activity will cease after the May-aug 2017 period...an amount 11 mio debt will be drawn in that period taking total debt at the actual kick off start of the 2017/18 season (ie Aug 2017) to 30mio. Cash inflow that season (to May 2018) will be 41 mio. Thus at the end of the 17/18 season, Everton will have no debt and about 11 mio in the bank.
Note..I am making assumptions on operating expenses held constant around 105 mio and disregarding movements in working capital (specifically ,the timing of payments/receipts as concern transfers).

Good work you're doing there.

I wish I had as much confidence as you but these things never seem to work out as they should. There's always a curve ball.

Thoughtful discussion on this thread for a change. Thanks a bunch to all over the last couple of pages who have offered thoughtful and nuanced analysis. (and not the pantomime rhetoric that usually passes for analysis on this particular thread)

Thoughtful discussion on this thread for a change. Thanks a bunch to all over the last couple of pages who have offered thoughtful and nuanced analysis. (and not the pantomime rhetoric that usually passes for analysis on this particular thread)

Oh no its isn't !

What about interest? When repaying £30 million debt you don't just pay £30 million, there will be at least a couple of million in interest to be repaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back