Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well lad if you read my post never stated it was a fact your the one who decided to add that i had when replying, by all means though accept the 'facts' as given by the owner of Kiev, multi billionaire oligarchs who earned their fortune in the collapse of the old soviet union are known for their honesty mate, it's how they became so rich and beloved.

Don't think you've ever had an opinion to yourself that hasn't been gained from reading someone's twitter or crappy article being honest

Think you were wise to do so mate
Hold on.

How does saying

For the umpteenth time you are utterly wrong, Yarmolenko was not going to be sold no matter when the bid was put in as the owner did not want to sell him, he strung us out he strung other teams out too on it till he could use the excuse of not enough time

If you say I'm utterly wrong then what you are saying is that you are 100% right which is the same as saying that this is a fact.

My opinion has nothing to do with a twitter account. I have listed the facts in the chronological order they happened. They're the facts and the simplest explanation is the one I gave. You might be right that he never had any intention of selling. It was even something I said much earlier in the window but it still doesn't negate the fact if that was the case we would have been better of knowing earlier and moving on rather than pinning the success of our whole window on this 11th hour long shot.

Either he was never going to sell or he would have sold earlier. Which ever way you look at it Martinez miscalculated. The same way he miscalculated with Nolito last summer and it's a pattern that worries me.

Not saying that; just an acknowledgement of sorts instead of living in cloud cuckoo land with every interview.

I want to like Martinez but every time he's so blatantly plastic in interviews it's really off putting.

It's just symptomatic of people in a public role these days mate, Politicians, footy managers, any company spokesperson, bloody hate 'new speech' myself as it effectively says a million words without any of them being of any interest, all about covering all bases and not saying anything that can be used against you

It's just symptomatic of people in a public role these days mate, Politicians, footy managers, any company spokesperson, bloody hate 'new speech' myself as it effectively says a million words without any of them being of any interest, all about covering all bases and not saying anything that can be used against you
The whole world is too PR driven.

If he never had any intention of getting Yarmolenko or a No 10 which I still think is the most likely explanation because Martinez isn't a stupid man then he should have just said so.

At least then we would have respected his strength in doing so the same way we respected his strength when he stood up to Chelsea and in the past when he's showed his true feelings. Fergie was like that and Utd fans loved him. They might have disagreed but they at least didn't think he was a bumbling idiot.

For the umpteenth time you are utterly wrong, Yarmolenko was not going to be sold no matter when the bid was put in as the owner did not want to sell him, he strung us out he strung other teams out too on it till he could use the excuse of not enough time, needed for CL etc, just actually put down FM or FIFA, stop using the echo and jarg twitter accounts like FutbolUkraine as your sources and get a reality check.

Owner has said he will be allowed to go in the January window should they be out the CL, hmmm lets analyse that fact, he said he will let him go to a BIG team, none of those will actually buy him in january as he will be ineligible for their own CL games, so he then has the excuse to keep hold of him for the entire season lined up - exactly what he has wanted all along.

You've either not been reading anything @roydo has posted throughout the entire affair or your just so dumb that it doesn't sink in lad

*you're

Probably best to get it right when you're calling someone dumb. Although I agree with you.

Not saying that; just an acknowledgement of sorts instead of living in cloud cuckoo land with every interview.

I want to like Martinez but every time he's so blatantly plastic in interviews it's really off putting.
We have gone from Dr Doom (Moyes), to 'everything is incredibly phenomenal' in Martinez....Everton that!

not sure what people's problem is with him always being positive. compare that to moyes at sociedad last week saying "europe is out of the question" - yes it's probably unrealistic but there's no harm in saying that's your aim to spread positivity just like martinez about CL.

He'll obviously be dissapointed deep down about missing the playmaker. It's the board's fault somewhat for never having money and only being able to provide it so late in the window - as well as martinez' fault himself for only identifying one candidate - a player who didn't seem to fit the mould he discussed either imo.

He's not going to come out and say "crap window, wanted to bring in more, current squad isn't good enough". Sure people have their own agendas and just want to jump on him over anything.

not sure what people's problem is with him always being positive. compare that to moyes at sociedad last week saying "europe is out of the question" - yes it's probably unrealistic but there's no harm in saying that's your aim to spread positivity just like martinez about CL.

He'll obviously be dissapointed deep down about missing the playmaker. It's the board's fault somewhat for never having money and only being able to provide it so late in the window - as well as martinez' fault himself for only identifying one candidate - a player who didn't seem to fit the mould he discussed either imo.

He's not going to come out and say "crap window, wanted to bring in more, current squad isn't good enough". Sure people have their own agendas and just want to jump on him over anything.

There's no problem with him being positive - the problem is always being positive and sometimes just outright lying to maintain a positive spin.

It means that when there actually is something to applaud, the impact isn't there because he's basically applauding everything and anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back