Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lordyefc but not a lot of people know that. Was defo him though.

Defo was, he knew everything about nothing and not too much about that as well.

I went on damons twitter years ago, was just full of posts talking about how great his (only) mate was and all the great things he done. Like drink a pint of shandy in under 2 mins.

Think his mates name was Dave something.

Why are you intent on proving the reverse though: that Martinez didn't outwit Mourinho? It seems a strange obsession.

An obsession, Davek? Surely nobody here has an obsession!

First of all, I was trying to understand what Martinez' tactics really were. I didn't even manage to establish that.

But I have learned something. As we won convincingly, Roberto obviously got his tactics spot on.

We've been getting plenty of crosses in and plenty of corners

Lack of plan B doesn't wash anymore either because he's shown he has

The most pleasing aspect of our play in these early stages of the season for me is how corner kicks have suddenly became exciting again.

We are looking dangerous now as the corners are whipped and we have numbers attacking them.

Such a delightful change to last season.

Last edited:
Just rewatching the game, and around 29 minutes in Stones does a Cruyff turn in the box to lose the striker and then passes it to Galloway who drops the shoulder and bursts up the middle bringing the ball out.

Young talented footballers being encouraged to trust their instinct and enjoy the game.

Cheers Bobby!

Yes, but how exactly did he prepare this tactically, exactly....not pretend or simple.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back