Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to claim the honour of starting the first out poll by the way, and although it was posted 100% tongue in cheek the amount of serious responses was astounding, let alone the dozen similar polls in subsequent weeks. I created a monster.

To be fair, I said before this season started that the manager had my backing this season until, otherwise proven. I'm happy to be called out, I did lose the plot with him last year because it was so damn frustrating.

This is why I'm not a chairman. Martinez is just as open to criticism as the players and I've seen managers be sacked on the back of a lot less than what he produced for us last season.

I'm happy as long as we are playing good football. Nobody can deny last season was a horror show.

nailed it. we'd all have settled for a 14th/15th place finish if we won the europa. The way we were playing, we could have won it - just had one shocker of a night.

we were always too good to go down, people were over-panicking.

but like you say, experience in europe is vital if we want to become regulars. it was his first season managing domestic with europe, he's still young as a manager. we have fans who crave young players coming in instead of experience, so why can't the same patience be applied to the manager?

we've all seen how bad city have struggled to adapt to the CL - it takes time and experience.

The Europa was a great experience for us, in hindsight obviously and tbh following footy is all about those foreign away days and nights under the Goodison lights really, otherwise what's the point?

In the end who knows what could have happened if 2 things hadn't occurred, first Yarmolenko having an absolutely world class performance and secondly Alcaraz having a truly Vauxhall conference class performance in the same game.

Yes sir. Them of the "banter" loving.

We need to steer them away from kopitegeordieism and into the ways of Everton.

Played Everton once back in the old champ manager days, got sacked after 14 games sat 2nd from bottom of the league after a 5-1 Derby loss followed by 3-0 loss to Watford - after that started managing in division b2 in Spain, was more my level tbh mate

Think you got close enough yourself to be fair. (I have a full list and once we win the league by Christmas this year, I plan to open a thread for the obligatory Maoist acts of "self criticism." It will be sons denouncing fathers. Weeping life-longs fans of Everton screamed down by Bobby's blue guards. Lads shaking copies of the program with Naisey's pictures on it in the faces of plotters. That sort of thing.)

*runs off to check just what I did say

# @Bunglehackedmyaccounthonest

@GrandOldTeam was even putting polls up trying to get him out. Shithouses.

As I've said, all the problems lie with our fans under the age of 30 as they're clueless beauts who act like Geordiekopites.

Think ill give it another 2 or 3 impressive wins, then the vaults are getting opened

Yep.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/be-honest.73676/

yes.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back