Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez seemed to be leaving the door open last time he spoke on the matter. I suppose it'd hinge on whether Kiev are out of the CL by then and how much could reasonably be offered/expected for a player in the last 6 months of their contract.

I fear that horse has already bolted though.

I'd go for Wes Hoolahan, twice the player that Ukrainian is. :hayee:

Yep, too many variables for me too Dave. You never know though.

One we were after might be available in January. But I wouldnt be rushing to William Hill just yet.
Let's hope so.

No disrespect to Kone who has been great this season and I'm sure everyone is delighted for him but if we had Yarmolenko doing that same role as him being the target man when needed, joining the attack as a 2nd striker and winger then he would be perfect and we would have some team. I know Kenwright will be loathed to pay a lot for a player with 6 months left but he could be the difference between top 4 and not and we probably wouldn't have a chance in the summer.

It's not really a No 10 but then we were never really looking for a classic No 10 anyway.

The only issue I can see is our squad, especially our attacking positions would be over staffed but that wouldn't be an issue if we had Europe to play next year.

So much contradiction.
Just because you say I'm contradicting myself doesn't make it true.

The reason why I said that is obvious to anyone else but you. We have 4 mainly right-hand side wingers, none of which started the game against Chelsea so I wonder if Martinez would be willing to buy another.

Very well said. Exhibits A & B linked above for reference.

Sometimes, my right winged bigoted Barca obsessing shitehound, it's just better to not comment if you're really not sure.

You can take that advice for free. It only makes you look silly, but you do a swell job of that each time you thrash your keyboard and press reply on here.

Keep keeping on toots. Everyone's pissing themselves laughing at you x

Hi mate! what did you make of our formation on Saturday? Happy with Naismith playing the inside false 9 role in comparison to the more classical Sergi Roberto number 10?

Just because you say I'm contradicting myself doesn't make it true.
Ahem:

The only issue I can see is our squad, especially our attacking positions would be over staffed
We are short a quality striker and attacking midfielder but I agree that we have players eg Osman and McGeady that are surplus to requirements due to being older / gash.

For the moment I will ignore the fact that we have one of the smallest squads in the league as well.

but that wouldn't be an issue if we had Europe to play next year.
Ah, so we are only understaffed if we don't qualify for Europe even though we have one of the smallest squads in the league and currently aren't in Europe and still need a quality attacking midfielder and striker.

We have 4 mainly right-hand side wingers
McGeady is gash and Deulofeu and Mirallas can (and do) also play on the left.

none of which started the game against Chelsea so I wonder if Martinez would be willing to buy another.
Even though we were trying to buy another one right up to the transfer deadline...

Oh and Mirallas is made of glass.

McGeady is gash.

Deulofeu is still developing.

etc

etc

etc

What formation do we play now exactly can someone explain please... not complaining by the way , we're winning ... I just struggle to identify it sometimes. Is it a diamond or a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

but if we had Yarmolenko doing that same role as him being the target man when needed, joining the attack as a 2nd striker and winger then he would be perfect and we would have some team. I know Kenwright will be loathed to pay a lot for a player with 6 months left but he could be the difference between top 4 and not and we probably wouldn't have a chance in the summer.

It's not really a No 10 but then we were never really looking for a classic No 10 anyway.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Slightly off topic but thought I'd take the opportunity to ask....is that Living on The Volcano worth a read?
Yes. There's a lot of stuff about lower league teams in it. Out of the current EPL lot, Bob (obviously), Monk, Rodgers, Hughes and Pardew are featured, and Koeman to a lesser extent. The chapter about Alan Irvine is pretty depressing, he got shafted by West Brom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back