Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always pretty pro-Martinez, tbh. Though I did have a bit of doubt last season after we got knocked out of Europa, and during the hellfest that was winter and Stoke etc. I recall saying I was willing to give him another season to turn things around. I also avoid Facebook like the plague because that place is even worse for Geordie meltdowns than GOT is. Lukaku got a hat trick in Europa and someone STILL called him rubbish (though not in those terms). Plus Martinez can never do anything right, ever, as far as they're concerned.

I think I snapped and voted 'Martinez out' once on GOT. The shame :(

(I'm 31 btw.)

Ah, so we are only understaffed if we don't qualify for Europe even though we have one of the smallest squads in the league and currently aren't in Europe and still need a quality attacking midfielder and striker.

McGeady is gash and Deulofeu and Mirallas can (and do) also play on the left.

Even though we were trying to buy another one right up to the transfer deadline...

Oh and Mirallas is made of glass.

McGeady is gash.

Deulofeu is still developing.

I'm still not 100% convinced we actually wanted to buy Yarmolenko in the summer. That might just be me being cynical but the rumour came out at the same time the plane was about to fly and we left it so late that Kiev couldn't get a backup. I don't want to argue with you on this point because my account is playing up but unless we do eventually buy him I will continue to remain unconvinced we were actually after him.

I don't think we need a striker since Kone is a decent backup now he has his confidence back and is playing well plus we just bought Rodriguez.

As for the other players. We don't have that small a squad unless you conveniently as you have done remove a lot of players but unfortunately that argument doesn't matter when it comes to paying wages. Even assuming the likes of Gibson, Pienaar, Osman and McGeady aren't fit for purpose it still leaves 3 wingers when we rarely play 2 and if Yarmolenko is bought I can see one of them finding it hard to even make the bench.

I'm still not 100% convinced we actually wanted to buy Yarmolenko in the summer. That might just be me being cynical but the rumour came out at the same time the plane was about to fly and we left it so late that Kiev couldn't get a backup. I don't want to argue with you on this point because my account is playing up but unless we do eventually buy him I will continue to remain unconvinced we were actually after him.

Christ on a bike.

Christ on a bike.

136500654221487070.GIF

I'm still not 100% convinced we actually wanted to buy Yarmolenko in the summer.
LOL

I don't want to argue with you on this point because my account is playing up
LOL LOL

I don't think we need a striker since Kone is a decent backup now he has his confidence back and is playing well plus we just bought Rodriguez.
LOL LOL LOL

As for the other players. We don't have that small a squad unless you conveniently as you have done remove a lot of players
Here you go mate full squad list:

http://www.evertonfc.com/teams/first-team

Now kindly get in the bin x

Hes giving it a go, i like that you dont get the sesne hes counting the corn flakes like Moyes used to. Hes making the job very marketable from the outside looking in, by that i mean the time, money, free hand he seems to be getting from the outside looking in i would think makes the job look very marketable.

You wouldnt really want to swap places with Brodgers, transfer comittees and money ball twaddle.

Can't remember who asked but here's an analysis of the game with the formations and that. Effectively, Martinez used forward pressing and Naismith (after coming on) to press Fabregas back, creating a broken team with too much of a gap between Midfield and Attack. Also Naismith would come into the half space to draw both Matic/Mikel out, and the full back inside because Pedro rarely tucked inside (something he won't be used to doing) http://beautywithinfootball.com/post/129129450774/everton-v-chelsea-3-1

Thank you - that's a very detailed account. I'll look out for it in future.

But I was really wondering how many fans who comment about tactics really understand them. The common view about Saturday seems to be that if we won, then Roberto must have got his tactics right - whatever they were.

And that - sadly - puts an end to discussion.

Yup, thankfully, there's plenty of us Doug, who just get on with supporting the team, rather than second guessing every decision the gaffer makes.

It's the internet age; millions of footy fans jump off FIFA to let the world know how they would do things different. It's why we have scapegoats, imo.
3WhHRo8.jpg

Wow the pat yourselves on the back crew are out in force today, 5 games into the new season cancels out 38 terrible games from last year.

Easily pleased some people. There is a long way to go yet and still a lot to prove that last season was the blip.

But keep congratulating yourselves for being so steadfast in the managers support, it's very good of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back