Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope so.

No disrespect to Kone who has been great this season and I'm sure everyone is delighted for him but if we had Yarmolenko doing that same role as him being the target man when needed, joining the attack as a 2nd striker and winger then he would be perfect and we would have some team. I know Kenwright will be loathed to pay a lot for a player with 6 months left but he could be the difference between top 4 and not and we probably wouldn't have a chance in the summer.

It's not really a No 10 but then we were never really looking for a classic No 10 anyway.

The only issue I can see is our squad, especially our attacking positions would be over staffed but that wouldn't be an issue if we had Europe to play next year.

Yarmolenko is the type of player who can make something out of nothing- like Jags at the Pit last season. To have Yarmolenko, Barkley, and Del to some extent would give a lot of defence nightmares.

The sharks were circling after the Stoke result and he looked like a man going through a nightmare he didn't know how to wake up from. I fully expect that to be the lowest point of his Everton career though. He's found his feet again, got the team playing at a quicker tempo and made some decent acquisitions this summer. Injuries are the only dark cloud on the horizon. Not one game goes by without another casualty it seems.

The sharks did circle, but some stayed steadfast in their desire for a longer term plan under Señor Martinez. Some who are over 30, by quite a bit actually, and have a life-story full sleeve (sorry Chico).....you won't find me in no vault. Great believer of give a man a job, and let him do that job without interference, and without knee-jerking when there's an inevitable lull in the progress.
Hell, if everyone got jibbed after a few knock-backs there'd be no KFC.....the Colonel persevered, and now we can get a wonderous boneless banquet in every town in the UK almost.

His lack of plan B is worrying.

What does that have anything to do with football?

PlanB_One-Step.jpg

I wonder would Lennon have been signed if Yarmolenko had come from Kiev ?
Conversely, now that Lennon is at Everton and also Deulofeu and Mirallas I wonder if we will still try to sign Yarmolenko in the next window ?
That would give us five wingers including McGeady and even more if we include Henen.
Things change quickly in football.
Next summer we will probably need to replace Tim Howard and probably Osman, Hibbert and just possibly Gibson and maybe even Barry. Unless academy players are ready to step up , a lot of our budget would go in bringing squad numbers back up.

I wonder would Lennon have been signed if Yarmolenko had come from Kiev ?
Conversely, now that Lennon is at Everton and also Deulofeu and Mirallas I wonder if we will still try to sign Yarmolenko in the next window ?
That would give us five wingers including McGeady and even more if we include Henen.
Things change quickly in football.
Next summer we will probably need to replace Tim Howard and probably Osman, Hibbert and just possibly Gibson and maybe even Barry. Unless academy players are ready to step up , a lot of our budget would go in bringing squad numbers back up.

Osman was replaced by Cleverley. Hibbert was replaced by Browning ( who can do a fine job) and Kenny coming up. And Gibson is injured more than he plays so we don't need to replace him.

Howard could be replaced by a pylon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back