Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord almighty.

You cannot equate beating a team - comfortably or not - with having a better squad than them. It's absolute nonsense.

Rooney being out of form does not make our squad better than United's.

Yarmolenko is not as good as Hazard.
I didn't equate beating them. I said we beat them with a load of injuries while also leaving quality players on the bench. When they needed to use their depth all they had were kids who didn't look up to the job. I was comparing the two squads using that game as an example.

Rooney has been out of form for a year and Utd have been struggling for even longer. I think they will find it difficult to score goals unless Memphis and Martial are as special as Utd fans hope they are.

Yarmolenko is better than Hazard and Hazard is over-rated along with the whole premiership in general.

I didn't equate beating them. I said we beat them with a load of injuries while also leaving quality players on the bench. When they needed to use their depth all they had were kids who didn't look up to the job. I was comparing the two squads using that game as an example.

Rooney has been out of form for a year and Utd have been struggling for even longer. I think they will find it difficult to score goals unless Memphis and Martial are as special as Utd fans hope they are.

Yarmolenko is better than Hazard and Hazard is over-rated along with the whole premiership in general.

Sweet baby jesus.

Yarmolenko a good player? Yes, definitely. Better then Hazard? not close mate.

Interestingly enough, would this be an argument if we weren't linked to him in the summer...? If not I'd reckon it'd be seen as an outrageous statement and idea.

Sweet baby jesus.

Yarmolenko a good player? Yes, definitely. Better then Hazard? not close mate.

Interestingly enough, would this be an argument if we weren't linked to him in the summer...? If not I'd reckon it'd be seen as an outrageous statement and idea.
I wanted him at the start of the window before it was "cool" and as for your point. I would say it's still seen as an outrageous statement and idea.

Only until people see him play for a top club in a top league will they change their mind and that's fair enough and understandable however I think when that happens he will prove to be better than Hazard.

I wanted him at the start of the window before it was "cool" and as for your point. I would say it's still seen as an outrageous statement and idea.

Only until people see him play for a top club in a top league will they change their mind and that's fair enough and understandable however I think when that happens he will prove to be better than Hazard.

Well until we sign him, if you want to do a thread about him, World Football is the place.

We're playing very well and Liverpool are at a loss

There is no doubt that they will come and win 1-0 with a fluky Sturridge goal off the bench and that sodding dance. Written in the bloody stars

Good lord.

If anything, that article only further emphasises that we still owe our lives to David Moyes, should name a stand after him and erect a statue of him were Dixie once stood.

The Kopites already beat us to it.

article-2614236-1D65937700000578-43_634x687.jpg

Whats our record with martinez against the big clubs at Goodison? Must be decent as we've beat Chelsea utd etc..

Three more opportunities soon;

Thursday 1 October Liverpool v FC Zion
Sunday 4 October Everton v Liverpool

Saturday 17 October Everton v Manchester United

Tuesday 20 October Arsenal v Bayern Munich
Saturday 24 October Arsenal v Everton

They don't have that foreheadless gimp anymore to lift their sub-standard players to an average level, and their average players to a deity-like level. I do think him not being there will get rid of that mental block we have whenever we've played them recently. For the first time in a while, I'm on the cusp of being actually confident for a derby
I am fighting myself for exactly the same reason!

Tuesday 20 October Arsenal v Bayern Munich
Saturday 24 October Arsenal v Everton

Got the impression, listening to a few gunners on the radio, that Arsene rested a few players tonight with one eye on Chelsea at the weekend, wonder if he will still be doing that by the time Bayern comes around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back