Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly think that Everton didn't have a go at winning the 2008 Uefa Cup?

No. But Moyes was five years into the job and had a previous campaign in Europe behind him. Martinez was looking to run before he could walk by throwing heart and soul into a European campaign.

As you love facts mate, get them straight why don't you as you are utterly wrong on that 'fact'?

Yarmolenko's record in club football - 101 goals, 70 assists
Hazard's - 99 goals, 106 Assists

so apparently 2 goals more is far better, then again 36 less assists is apparently more also?

Plus the Ukrainian league is utterly terrible besides about 3 teams

Payet LOL, he has played 5 games mate, hardly time to start vaulting people else you will look an even worse tool than normal, most peoples objections was 15m for a 28 year old who wanted 100K + and a multi million signing bonus as Payet wanted. Let's wait and see how he has done 2 seasons into his legendary West Ham career first eh?

You´ve written that reply very poorly. Too many words. I´ve fixed it up for you below.

Go away, and don´t come back.

I still can't get my head around so many fans booing when Barkley played the ball back towards with Howard or Jagielka at 3-0 against QPR. We Lost 4 on the bounce in the league after that game
Could have been brought on by the headaches induced from endless sideways passing in the games before it. How many games before that had we seen the team just plod about in possession without creating anything. I agree that it wasn't the right time to be booing him, but I understand why the fans were frustrated. I mean, ya the sensible thing at 3-0 is to play it out, avoid injuries, and take the 3 points home, but after watching so many games of pointless possession everyone was well tired of seeing the ball go back to Howard for him to boot it out for a throw in.

I still can't get my head around so many fans booing when Barkley played the ball back towards with Howard or Jagielka at 3-0 against QPR. We Lost 4 on the bounce in the league after that game

Exactly. If we seriously want the best chance of success at Everton then we need to close the Lower Gwladys for a series of games to give the team a chance and until they learn to pipe down and stop being Geordies.

Exactly. If we seriously want the best chance of success at Everton then we need to close the Lower Gwladys for a series of games to give the team a chance and until they learn to pipe down and stop being Geordies.

LOL

Imagine if they closed the GSE, the Park end would be there doing their knitting, tutting loudly at everything, getting proper mugged off by the away fans every game.

I doubt we would win a home game ever again.

Kindly stay on topic when your thread ban expires.

Chico kind of was on topic in his own wacky way

Fan's booing the players for keeping possession while winning was an outward rejecting of the possession game, which is Martinez's calling card. It was a comment on Martinez from the Lower Gwladys as much as anything else. It wasn't just them booing, but the majority of boo's were coming from there, so in effect Chico wasn't going wildly off topic in regards to his sentiments

As this is a Martinez thread, I think he just gets away with it on a technicality. Only just though

The defence rests m'lord

Chico kind of was on topic in his own wacky way

Fan's booing the players for keeping possession while winning was an outward rejecting of the possession game, which is Martinez's calling card. It was a comment on Martinez from the Lower Gwladys as much as anything else. It wasn't just them booing, but the majority of boo's were coming from there, so in effect Chico wasn't going wildly off topic in regards to his sentiments

As this is a Martinez thread, I think he just gets away with it on a technicality. Only just though

The defence rests m'lord

I think you give Chico way too much credit. I thank my learned friend for his thoughts and choose to disregard them.

So ... Martinez

I thought about getting a sticker for the car. Instead of "What would Jesus do?" it would read "what would Roberto do? who knows". That Guardian article hit the nail.... from one week to the next you really cant tell what the man will do. Perhaps his tactics are above us mere mortals... he is perhaps a Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back