Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every other team didn't have 6 extra midweek games in their legs; three travelling big distances to get to and from.

I think we'll see a big difference in this season's Christmas/New Year programme, results wise.

Squad's stronger than last season too. Not as strong as we'd like, but the signings and youngsters coming through more than make up for the outgoings.

If only David Moyes had a left a little note on his desk before he left.

"Dear Roberto, when you have to play some Europa League games before Christmas like i did, don't make them get really tired so when they have to play some games over Christmas they can barely pass the ball to each other or run around."

Things could have been so much different.

Mind you, i'm still not sure if we sucked so hard between Nov and Jan cause they were all really tired from playing 6 extra games or cause Jagielka was leading a group of players who were tanking games in order to get "Big Unsy" in so they could play golf in the afternoon rather than practice passing.

If only David Moyes had a left a little note on his desk before he left.

"Dear Roberto, when you have to play some Europa League games before Christmas like i did, don't make them get really tired so when they have to play some games over Christmas they can barely pass the ball to each other or run around."

Things could have been so much different.

Mind you, i'm still not sure if we sucked so hard between Nov and Jan cause they were all really tired from playing 6 extra games or cause Jagielka was leading a group of players who were tanking games in order to get "Big Unsy" in so they could play golf in the afternoon rather than practice passing.
I'm just glad he he didn't leave him his tactics book. The useless hoofball ginger weapon.

As you love facts mate, get them straight why don't you as you are utterly wrong on that 'fact'?

Yarmolenko's record in club football - 101 goals, 70 assists
Hazard's - 99 goals, 106 Assists

so apparently 2 goals more is far better, then again 36 less assists is apparently more also?

Plus the Ukrainian league is utterly terrible besides about 3 teams

Payet LOL, he has played 5 games mate, hardly time to start vaulting people else you will look an even worse tool than normal, most peoples objections was 15m for a 28 year old who wanted 100K + and a multi million signing bonus as Payet wanted. Let's wait and see how he has done 2 seasons into his legendary West Ham career first eh?
Last season in their respective leagues

Yarmolenko : Ap:26 Goals:14 Assists:14
Hazard : Ap:38 Goals:14 Assists:10

I don't know were you are getting your stats from but from memory Yarmolenko was far more prolific in Europe and at International level as well.

I don't know if you got those numbers because Hazard has played more games or it's simply a case that Yarmolenko took a few years before he started posting decent numbers but last year Yarmolenko was far more prolific.

I guess it's nice to say that the Chelsea game reflected a manager who actually had tactical sense compared to last year.

As much as circumstances altered, you could see where he was going with the three man midfield to cover the space of Chelsea. kone was immense in defence winning headers all day long, so correct choice him being on the pitch. even defensively we knew where to go, where to cover and when to back off (minus one moment).

point is, this is what I want to see from martinez. We don't need to be winning the league but at least shown some tactical nouse and try and outplay teams. What we get at the end of it is just rewards.

and the Roberto youth policy seems to be reaping massive rewards by itself!

I'm not.

We might have finished 5th like we did when Moyes first got us to the UEFA cup round of 32.

And from Nov, Dec and Jan we lost only 3 times.

Not bad for a dinosaur compared to a tactical genius.
If he'd taken the English Champions to 5th place instead of over a cliff he might have saved his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back