Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez was right to go all out and win the Europa league and we couldn't take it easy in our group since it was harder than most CL groups.

We just got undone in one crazy game due to some shocking defending at a very difficult place to go by a very good team. The Europa league still represented our best bet at getting in to the CL group stage and we had to take it seriously.

I do think as much as I am loath to even partially agree with @chicoazul that the signing of Eto'o unbalanced our squad dynamic and had a big part in our first half of the season form however the attitude of the crowd and the calls for Martinez's head were way over the top.

Last season in their respective leagues

Yarmolenko : Ap:26 Goals:14 Assists:14
Hazard : Ap:38 Goals:14 Assists:10

I don't know were you are getting your stats from but from memory Yarmolenko was far more prolific in Europe and at International level as well.

I don't know if you got those numbers because Hazard has played more games or it's simply a case that Yarmolenko took a few years before he started posting decent numbers but last year Yarmolenko was far more prolific.

Mate I'm not going to say you're wrong. Yarmolenko has all the ingredients to be a top player in our league but the fact is you don't know that so trying to prove everyone wrong on a hypothetical situation is a battle you can't win. The facts are Hazard has played in this league and he was excellent not just in his scoring and assist stats but in his contribution to a Premiership title winning team. A team that for a large part of the season literally blew teams away and he was instrumental in that

Mate I'm not going to say you're wrong. Yarmolenko has all the ingredients to be a top player in our league but the fact is you don't know that so trying to prove everyone wrong on a hypothetical situation is a battle you can't win. The facts are Hazard has played in this league and he was excellent not just in his scoring and assist stats but in his contribution to a Premiership title winning team. A team that for a large part of the season literally blew teams away and he was instrumental in that

Get out while you still can.

And was voted player of the season.

Last season in their respective leagues

Yarmolenko : Ap:26 Goals:14 Assists:14
Hazard : Ap:38 Goals:14 Assists:10

I don't know were you are getting your stats from but from memory Yarmolenko was far more prolific in Europe and at International level as well.

I don't know if you got those numbers because Hazard has played more games or it's simply a case that Yarmolenko took a few years before he started posting decent numbers but last year Yarmolenko was far more prolific.

Stefan Johnson for Celtic trumps both

34 apps 22 goals and 24 assists.

Wait though........ He plays in a jarg league, just like Yarmolenko but Hazard plays in arguably the best league in the world and was player of the season.

Add Yarmolenko to our squad and I think we have with Arsenal the joint 2nd best squad in the league.
upload_2015-9-18_7-0-12.webp
+
Vest_Carrier_Blue.jpg

I agree with this and I did say

"I would say it's still seen as an outrageous statement and idea.

Only until people see him play for a top club in a top league will they change their mind and that's fair enough and understandable however I think when that happens he will prove to be better than Hazard."

This is just another thing used to attack me which is why I feel the need to defend myself. It was a personal opinion which I stand by and nothing more. It's also off topic and the last thing I will say on the matter so I suggest everyone does the same.

Only until people see him play for a top club in a top league will they change their mind and that's fair enough and understandable however I think when that happens he will prove to be better than Hazard."

This is just another thing used to attack me which is why I feel the need to defend myself. It was a personal opinion which I stand by and nothing more. It's also off topic and the last thing I will say on the matter so I suggest everyone does the same.

You're right, it's off topic. Your 9:22 post last night apologised for not seeing the polite warning, which was fair enough, but then you just carry on and play the ref to boot.

You're right, it's off topic. Your 9:22 post last night apologised for not seeing the polite warning, which was fair enough, but then you just carry on and play the ref to boot.

rest_in_peas__by_blueberryblack-d34qjc5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back