Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulis' team will be tough to beat. They have their tails up again. I can see a bruising encounter there and a hard fought draw.

Still have faith we might get a win as long as Lukaku gets his scoring boot back unlike last time. We were unlucky not to win at Swansea. Really happy to see Everton has a steady start and credit to Martinez.

We would have been knocked out of the league cup yesterday night if this is a typical Everton start.

I like Roberto...and I don't mind him testing new things out, but.....

If he played Lennon and Mori at fullback because he thought they were good enough to beat Reading, then that is pretty poor imo. Readings goal (partially) comes from the RB not stopping the cross, and the LB losing his man.
If RM was wanting to spare Galloway and Browning because we're short in those areas atm then I guess it is fair enough.

No way to ever know what Roberto was thinking though, so it's a moot point!

Plus it's a cup game....just get it won ffs! Too many disappointments in the last 10 years in that respect to be messing about too much.

Still have faith we might get a win as long as Lukaku gets his scoring boot back unlike last time. We were unlucky not to win at Swansea. Really happy to see Everton has a steady start and credit to Martinez.

We would have been knocked out of the league cup yesterday night if this is a typical Everton start.
Character. We have it in bucket loads this season.

If he played Lennon and Mori at fullback because he thought they were good enough to beat Reading, then that is pretty poor imo. Readings goal (partially) comes from the RB not stopping the cross, and the LB losing his man.
If RM was wanting to spare Galloway and Browning because we're short in those areas atm then I guess it is fair enough.

Plus it's a cup game....just get it won ffs! Too many disappointments in the last 10 years in that respect to be messing about too much.
TBH, I think Martinez took the gamble of playing it differently and with personnel in unorthodox positions feeling if it went wrong early on Reading were a team we could claw it back from.

I do still believe that - despite his words to the contrary - we're still at a stage of the LC when RM will experiment...which is why I said in the LC Draw thread that we need a home draw next up as it'll be required (lots of PL teams in the hat and a PL level performance will be required to get into the QFs...when RM will start to take this seriously).

Character. We have it in bucket loads this season.

yup, barnsley and reading games we normally would have lost and that mori bloke actually looks like he has a bit of grit and confidence about him which should help ,needed a character like that for a while

yup, barnsley and reading games we normally would have lost and that mori bloke actually looks like he has a bit of grit and confidence about him which should help ,needed a character like that for a while
He was at fault for their goal, he should have been looking around and behind him. TBF though, he's a CB and probably not used to being the last man dealing with crosses that go across the body in the area.

I think he was resting browning and galloway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back