Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez saying our performances have been better than our points return. Tbh I'm fairly happy with our points return and league position considering who we've played but it's also good to see that they've obviously set high standards for this season.

Martinez saying our performances have been better than our points return. Tbh I'm fairly happy with our points return and league position considering who we've played but it's also good to see that they've obviously set high standards for this season.

I would imagine he feels like we should have gotten all three at Swansea based off performance. Probably feels the same about Watford in the first game.

I would imagine he feels like we should have gotten all three at Swansea based off performance. Probably feels the same about Watford in the first game.
Even City to an extent, for the majority of the game we matched them, and had Rom's free kick that hit the bar gone in, then I think we'd have taken something from the game.

I guess we should look at the Spurs game as the opposite - we were lucky to get away with a point.

I think he will shuffle the team against WBA, I expect a wide man to start, Lennon or Ged

Always find it wierd when you look back at results, you pick watford, spurs and swansea now we should of done swansea yet should of lost at spurs but you you look back at 3 draws and zero goals conceding in 2 of those games as not to bad as no defeats, but we beat swansea and lose against watford + spurs, your not looking back a happy man with 2 defeats on your plate. yet you come out either way with same points

Will be interesting to see what happens at West Brom. Especially as Lawro and Kelly Jones (the singer out of the Stereophonics) have both tipped us to lose on the BBC website because Berahino. Thanks, lads. :(

I'm not a Martinez fan but I agree with what he sai there. We should of beat Swansea comfortably I thought it was a brilliant performance up until Lukaku got involved, so there is 2 points we should've had extra, where as the only game we have got more than we potentially deserved was Spurs which would result in us losing just 1 point, and our performance V Watford was only poor compared to expectations and in the cold light of day looking at the game without context we were the better team and they should have had at least 1 sent off probably 2. It's been a good start but 3 points or less from next 2 it can turn to average quickly need at least 4 going into the international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back