Roberto Martinez Stadium drawing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a rising interest in PL football because the quality in MLS is lesser. People want to watch top quality "soccer" and readily find it in the PL (although BEIN is starting to show a hell of a lot of PSG games, so it looks like other leagues are making in-roads into US tv market as well). I think EFC activity has an impact on whether or not those new fans choose EFC over one of the other PL teams. Unfortunately, Everton hasn't really had much activity in the US compared to United and Liverpool.
United and Liverpool have been boosted in terms of their tie ups with established sporting giants like the Red Sox and Yankees. City are setting up a NY club.

Unless you can amplify your 'brand' in that way it's a long hard slog to make up the ground.

Oh well, it could always be worse...

zjys7k.png

That one really needs to be repeated on every stand, down the side streets and roads over and over again.

Probably all the way to anfield.

How do you explain their massive presence in the US?

I know loads of Spurs fans.

They seem to specialize in marketing in the american market more than other clubs.

See things like that ''American soccer coach'' ad they filmed at spurs.

They also exploited signing Dempsey very well which we failed to do with Howard and Donavon

Their in London mate so they can tap into a massive corporate and commercial market without having to try hard.

Jammy sods !

Got to be more than just the London factor though, them being in London wouldn't particularly matter to US fans with no plans to ever attend a game for example.

United and Liverpool have been boosted in terms of their tie ups with established sporting giants like the Red Sox and Yankees. City are setting up a NY club.

Unless you can amplify your 'brand' in that way it's a long hard slog to make up the ground.
We don't have to make up ground though. Not really. The US is an enormous emerging market. If we start from scratch right now, and end up the 5/6th biggest club in the US as the market emerges, we'll have loads of extra income.

They seem to specialize in marketing in the american market more than other clubs.

See things like that ''American soccer coach'' ad they filmed at spurs.

They also exploited signing Dempsey very well which we failed to do with Howard and Donavon
Which is what I'm advocating Everton do.

It's not magic. Just pick a strategy and do it. Go court new fans and make more money and then buy sexy players and win trophies....etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back