Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truthful though isn't it. Lukaku is too good for Everton and we're lucky to have him here. However, he still lacks the desire to make it in to the Suarez, Aguero category which I reckon he thinks he is already close to. His poor attitude in certain games has shown that.

And that is the reason why none of the bigger clubs that he wants to play for like Bayern Munich and Barcelona have been willing to stump up the big money for him, as good as he is.

First time I heard a manager saying the star player should leave tho..

Lukaku is probably the most important member of this squad. He is the only player over the the last 3 seasons who has achieved the minimum requirements of his position,score goals . Most if not all the strikers touted as alternatives to him have failed to deliver.
I understand the concept of a back to goal forward scoring less goals but providing more assists but who exactly in the current squad would up their game enough to offset the goal ratio ? Barkley and Miralles are probably our best goalscorers outside of Lukaku and that's about it.
When he does go we will probably have to spend money not only on new striker but on some midfield scorers,that's going to be expensive.

First time I heard a manager saying the star player should leave tho..

He won't have said he should leave yet though. Anyone with a grasp on reality knows that Lukaku wants to win trophies and play in the Champions League. Koeman knows that Everton isn't the place to do that at the moment, Lukaku knows it and we all know it.

However, Koeman and Lukaku have come to an agreement because they both know that as good as the player is, he isn't at the level of a Bayern Munich and as his agent rightly pointed out, only a handful of clubs can afford what we would ask for him.

I'd rather hear the truth to be honest than how Everton are this and that, when the truth is that we are a great proud and very big club in this country, but haven't won a trophy in 21 years and have never played a single season in the Champions League since the PL era began.

He said that? Honestly? I have have now firmly changed to the ... get koeman away from Everton camp.... that's disgusting talk from a manager ...

He's been here 3 months.

He's right in what he says. He's also said numerous times we want to keep hold of our best players.

Realistically though if we don't get CL (which isn't happening) Rom is off next summer. That being said, it would take a huge offer to secure his sale.

He's been here 3 months.

He's right in what he says. He's also said numerous times we want to keep hold of our best players.

Realistically though if we don't get CL (which isn't happening) Rom is off next summer. That being said, it would take a huge offer to secure his sale.

I dont think us getting champions league this year matters in keeping him (or anyone else)

Palpable progress is whats needed. Players will stay if they see we are going somewhere.

I dont think us getting champions league this year matters in keeping him (or anyone else)

Palpable progress is whats needed. Players will stay if they see we are going somewhere.

Agree there.

But... Palpable progress may well not be enough to keep him.

For example, our 'palpable progress' may well include Rom matching our surpassing his tally from last year. In that case, he will again - for the fifth-season running, be one of the best goalscorers in the country, at the age of 24...

Or he could go somewhere else and sit on someones bench because his all round game isn't quite up to it yet?
scores goals mate, that is all that matters

Thing is, how many scoring records does rom have to break before people actually admit that he is better than they think? Still maintains a 1 in 2 average which is as good as anyone who isn't messi or ronaldo, youngest modern to get to 100 total, can get 100 in england this season, amongst others.

But because he doesn't trap the ball perfectly, or run around enough, or sprays passes across the pitch etc he wouldn't make it elsewhere? Forgetting he is our best striker since lineker?

just annoys me somewhat that quite a lot of everton fans who are quick to downplay rom's ability are the ones who fume at anyone questioning that we aren't a top club anymore

Thing is, how many scoring records does rom have to break before people actually admit that he is better than they think? Still maintains a 1 in 2 average which is as good as anyone who isn't messi or ronaldo, youngest modern to get to 100 total, can get 100 in england this season, amongst others.

But because he doesn't trap the ball perfectly, or run around enough, or sprays passes across the pitch etc he wouldn't make it elsewhere? Forgetting he is our best striker since lineker?

just annoys me somewhat that quite a lot of everton fans who are quick to downplay rom's ability are the ones who fume at anyone questioning that we aren't a top club anymore

Nah I reckon you are wrong there.

Scoring goals is probably all that matters to us as he is the only one we have got who does it.

You need more than that at the absolute top level. Bayern, Real Madrid, Barca etc all have goalscorers already. Olivier Giroud scores goals, yet Arsenal fans are always wanting more.

I agree with you on how people judge him, I like him too as a player, but there is a reason why he plays for us and not one of the "big" clubs. And that's because his all round game isnt there just yet and he has suspect mentality. If he put in some of the performances he has for us at a bigger club he would be bombed out. The truly big clubs rely on consistency and all round ability. He can get all this, he is still young and a great goalscorer. Would he get the chance to work on that side of things at a club that expects results every single week? I'm not sure.

None, because I don't need convincing about his ability to score goals. I need convincing about his ability to play football.

Hate saying it, but everything you said is invalidated by the belief that scoring goals is "all that matters".

"I think he can emulate Patrick Kluivert, who also rose to prominence at a young age and enjoyed a fantastic career," Koeman told HLN. "He eventually played for Barcelona and I can see Lukaku doing the same.

"Everton should normally not be the end for him. Romelu will not have made the most of his career if he plays for Everton for the remainder of his career. He has the potential to play for a bigger club than Everton, but nobody knows what will happen after this season. We have a good relationship."

If true, those are disgusting comments from Koeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back