Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why say it, how does this benefit Everton in any way, shape or form?

Only way I can read it is an angry comment from a manager who feels he's been left down by the board, and is now doubly angry after reading about Moshiri going on radio and sating his own ego through Jim White.

I can't put any other rational explanation on it. He's employed by the club; he should be damaging it in the press.

He won't have said he should leave yet though. Anyone with a grasp on reality knows that Lukaku wants to win trophies and play in the Champions League. Koeman knows that Everton isn't the place to do that at the moment, Lukaku knows it and we all know it.

However, Koeman and Lukaku have come to an agreement because they both know that as good as the player is, he isn't at the level of a Bayern Munich and as his agent rightly pointed out, only a handful of clubs can afford what we would ask for him.

I'd rather hear the truth to be honest than how Everton are this and that, when the truth is that we are a great proud and very big club in this country, but haven't won a trophy in 21 years and have never played a single season in the Champions League since the PL era began.

Saying that if he plays for Everton for the rest of his career... means it's a waste is not what he should be saying IMO... say nothing if that's your opinion ... or something along the lines of he's great and we hope that we can progress into a club at the top and fulfill his ambitions here

Saying that if he plays for Everton for the rest of his career... means it's a waste is not what he should be saying IMO... say nothing if that's your opinion ... or something along the lines of he's great and we hope that we can progress into a club at the top and fulfill his ambitions here

They are direct quotes apparently.

It's crystal clear what he's said, and people shouldn't even try to justify them.

Only way I can read it is an angry comment from a manager who feels he's been left down by the board, and is now doubly angry after reading about Moshiri going on radio and sating his own ego through Jim White.

I can't put any other rational explanation on it. He's employed by the club; he should be damaging it in the press.

I read it as a comment from an arrogant man, not some naivety like he is trying to motivate Lukaku to make money for the club. He was a great player in his day but would he be a great player now in this era? Doubt it. It is disrespectful to Evertonians and Martinez for all his flaws never did this. Even Moyes never did this. Koeman is arrogant on his £7m a year, Moshiri is right to say he has to improve on his '7th and 8th' at Soton and I hope Moshiri sacks him if Koeman fails to deliver this season. Koeman does not fit Everton. We should have gone for Frank De Boer. He wanted the job while Koeman didn't really care. Frank De Boer would be playing Dowell and Davies by now. I hope Unsworth or FDB replace Koeman asap. Moshiri has the money to do it.

He was a great player in his day but would he be a great player now in this era? Doubt it.

Koeman?

Absolutely he would be. He was a tremendous player.

People do seem to forget that he was a bit of a knob as a player.

Im not massively concerned about the comments. They annoy me but don't surprise me (and he is right..).

Im not going to say sack him or anything though, that's mad. Its a business, we know he wont be here forever. I don't care if he is or isn't as things change. If he does well for us he will move on elsewhere. If he does badly he will get sacked. No massive loyalty on either side so whatever. That's football.

Are Everton as good or big as Barcelona?

That's not the point. He's the manager - it's his job to aim for the highest possible standard for the club that employs him, not handily dismiss Everton as a small club. He's one of the highest paid managers in world football.

Instead of saying Lukaku should be playing for a bigger club, he should be saying he aims to get Everton up to the standard Rom should be playing at. That is, as I said, his actual job after all.

That's not the point. He's the manager - it's his job to aim for the highest possible standard for the club that employs him, not handily dismiss Everton as a small club. He's one of the highest paid managers in world football.

Instead of saying Lukaku should be playing for a bigger club, he should be saying he aims to get Everton up to the standard Rom should be playing at. That is, as I said, his actual job after all.

Or motivate the player with high praise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back