Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgraceful comments from Koeman. Not what I want to hear from the manager of our great club. Hope he makes us a solid team and we get someone better in 2 years.

You can do that without running the club into the ground in the process.

How are we meant to attract high quality players to get to a higher standard if our own manager dismisses us as essentially a nothing club?

No, this is an example of a very arrogant man who believes he's above Everton himself and sees us as a stepping stone. I already knew that, and expected him to be here no more than two seasons, but he shouldn't actively run the club into the ground while he's here. Boost our profile like you're paid to do; don't trample it.

It smells like Koeman getting his excuses in early - "I didn't do a bad job; I was just managing a small club".

Is it possible Koeman was given assurances and now that has been seen to be a sham from his perspective on the inside?
It,s only natural that individuals will look out for themselves if no one is looking out for them.

Is it possible Koeman was given assurances and now that has been seen to be a sham from his perspective on the inside?
It,s only natural that individuals will look out for themselves if no one is looking out for them.

No not really.

If that was the case he could just walk away.

He is paid very well by us.

"But nobody knows what will happen after this season. We have a good relationship."

I think he leaves the door open there. You never know...

He clearly said that. its in black and white!
"I think he can emulate Patrick Kluivert, who also rose to prominence at a young age and enjoyed a fantastic career.

"He eventually played for Barcelona and I can see Lukaku doing the same.

"Everton should normally not be the end for him.

"Romelu will not have made the most of his career if he plays for Everton for the remainder of his career.

"He has the potential to play for a bigger club than Everton, but nobody knows what will happen after this season."

That is what he said.

"I think he can emulate Patrick Kluivert, who also rose to prominence at a young age and enjoyed a fantastic career.

"He eventually played for Barcelona and I can see Lukaku doing the same.

"Everton should normally not be the end for him.

"Romelu will not have made the most of his career if he plays for Everton for the remainder of his career.

"He has the potential to play for a bigger club than Everton, but nobody knows what will happen after this season."

That is what he said.

i know what he said;

1- Did he speak to the press? YES

2-- Did he say Lukaku should leave the club or he would be wasting his career with us? YES

You have just quoted it.

i know what he said;

1- Did he speak to the press? YES

2-- Did he say Lukaku should leave the club or he would be wasting his career with us? YES

You have just quoted it.

that is not 'wasting his career'.

He simply said Lukaku has the 'potential' to end up at a Real Madrid or Barca.

I really don't see the issue with it but then I forget we've got the second-most touchy/deluded fans on the planet after our near-neighbours :)

If he's good enough to make it at a truly top club, then one of them will buy him.

I still believe that he's found his perfect fit at Everton. It will be very difficult for him to make it in a team where they're not arsed about replacing half a dozen players every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back