Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance he'll be here next season, even if he never scores a goal for us again. Sorry, but we need to brace ourselves for this. He's taken his game to an elite level this season, like John Stones, these players crave Champions League and the fat contracts that come with it. As much as it pains any blue to admit this, players as good as Rom willing to spend their careers fighting for 5th or 6th every year and the odd cup run are few and far between and that's the limit to our ambition as this season is proving yet again. Our highest paid player is apparently Baines on 75 grand a week, there's a few on 60 grand. Rom and Stones would get 100 grand instantly at a host of clubs, probably a lot more, in addition to Champions League. As a club, we just don't have the ambition to entertain this and that's the sad reality of the situation

No chance he'll be here next season, even if he never scores a goal for us again. Sorry, but we need to brace ourselves for this. He's taken his game to an elite level this season, like John Stones, these players crave Champions League and the fat contracts that come with it. As much as it pains any blue to admit this, players as good as Rom willing to spend their careers fighting for 5th or 6th every year and the odd cup run are few and far between and that's the limit to our ambition as this season is proving yet again. Our highest paid player is apparently Baines on 75 grand a week, there's a few on 60 grand. Rom and Stones would get 100 grand instantly at a host of clubs, probably a lot more, in addition to Champions League. As a club, we just don't have the ambition to entertain this and that's the sad reality of the situation

Okay Mystic Meg

In worst scenario we will lose two out of the trio. It's not possible that we will lose them all. I think Barkley would be the most likely to stay.

Hi mate.
What's the lotto numbers for next week?
He could do his cruciate in training tomorrow and be out for the rest of the season, that would certainly impact on his "buyability"
We could win the league
or we could get relegated.
It's silly to make assertions that something is set in stone when really anything could still happen.

You're probably right, but I don't over-fret on such matters. With ambition comes a lot of pressure which Everton struggles with. Yes, we will lose our elite along the way, but if we can protect Everton's players from pressure, we will retain enough middling talent to stay in the PL and occasionally challenge for Europa league status. I'm happy with that.

Whose paying us the £70mil ?

At the risk of further inciting Chico and the Khmer Blues, I don't think the offer Lukaku is looking for will come.

Until he actually performs for the Belgium squad then i don't think anyone will pay the money it'd take for us to let him go frankly, teams won't bid 50m+ for a player who has so far anyway flopped on the big stage for the national team and never played CL (and had a grand total of one Europa campaign to his name)

btw think 90|% of the reason he has flopped for Belgium is the fact the coach is absolutely clueless but that's just my opinion

I think for me it all depends who comes in for him

Mau Utd, Arsenal he will stay with us
Man City he may have hi head turned because of wages and the potential in the squad
PSG a dilemma for him
Real Madrid he is gone
Barcelona he won't even pack a suitcase, he will be gone that quick

Do I belive he is good enough for the big Spsnish clubs, he is almost the finished article and that might be enough for them to take the chance.

This lad is something else, and will go on to bigger than us

Until he actually performs for the Belgium squad then i don't think anyone will pay the money it'd take for us to let him go frankly, teams won't bid 50m+ for a player who has so far anyway flopped on the big stage for the national team and never played CL (and had a grand total of one Europa campaign to his name)

btw think 90|% of the reason he has flopped for Belgium is the fact the coach is absolutely clueless but that's just my opinion
Agree, if he has a great tournament next summer and Belgium reach the semis at least then we may have problems but the flip side of that is his value goes up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back