Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose paying us the £70mil ?

Real Madrid. PSG. Manchester United. Man City if any of the big two in Spain take Aguero.

If people think there's either a shortage of money, or a lack of demand for Lukaku then they will probably end up disappointed.

The guy is 22, fast, strong, powerful, good in the air and on the deck, he has years of experience in the premier league where he has a near 1 in 2 goal rate, which he seems to have now increased. If he continues in this form this season every big club will be at our door for him. He is already one of Europe's top strikers and will go on to he one of the world's best. There are very few forwards close to his potential.

No chance he'll be here next season, even if he never scores a goal for us again. Sorry, but we need to brace ourselves for this. He's taken his game to an elite level this season, like John Stones, these players crave Champions League and the fat contracts that come with it. As much as it pains any blue to admit this, players as good as Rom willing to spend their careers fighting for 5th or 6th every year and the odd cup run are few and far between and that's the limit to our ambition as this season is proving yet again. Our highest paid player is apparently Baines on 75 grand a week, there's a few on 60 grand. Rom and Stones would get 100 grand instantly at a host of clubs, probably a lot more, in addition to Champions League. As a club, we just don't have the ambition to entertain this and that's the sad reality of the situation

when was the last time we sold more than one of our first team players in the same window? Perhaps we will get a bid for players but worst case scenario is we only are going to sell one of them, no matter who comes knocking, and stones has already been chased, who knows though.

Whose paying us the £70mil ?

70 million? Transfers aren't really based on numbers plucked out of thin air mate, i would be curious to know why you place that value on him.

Until he actually performs for the Belgium squad then i don't think anyone will pay the money it'd take for us to let him go frankly, teams won't bid 50m+ for a player who has so far anyway flopped on the big stage for the national team and never played CL (and had a grand total of one Europa campaign to his name)

btw think 90|% of the reason he has flopped for Belgium is the fact the coach is absolutely clueless but that's just my opinion

Internationally doesn't matter mate, this year he is going to break 20 goals consecutively and that is what people pay their money for, not how they perform for their country.

Real Madrid. PSG. Manchester United. Man City if any of the big two in Spain take Aguero.

If people think there's either a shortage of money, or a lack of demand for Lukaku then they will probably end up disappointed.

The guy is 22, fast, strong, powerful, good in the air and on the deck, he has years of experience in the premier league where he has a near 1 in 2 goal rate, which he seems to have now increased. If he continues in this form this season every big club will be at our door for him. He is already one of Europe's top strikers and will go on to he one of the world's best. There are very few forwards close to his potential.

It's quite a likely scenario that all 4 of those clubs will have a new manager next season mate so absolutely daft to be predicting they are going spurge 70m on a player when we don't even know who will be in charge their.

As for Lukaku to Madrid - don't be daft, they don't pay that kind of money for a player who hasn't made a massive impact and who outside of the UK isn't really that high profile mate

Baines was inevitably gone for even longer than Coleman and Jagielka were. Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to players.

His inconsistent first touch and interlinking play will still make big teams that use the front man for more than just putting the ball in the net think twice imo.

Real Madird will be looking in the summer, Benzima will be moved on, and Ronaldo coming closer to the end. They need a refresh.

United too.

The big money will come in the summer.

imo.

Until he actually performs for the Belgium squad then i don't think anyone will pay the money it'd take for us to let him go frankly, teams won't bid 50m+ for a player who has so far anyway flopped on the big stage for the national team and never played CL (and had a grand total of one Europa campaign to his name)

btw think 90|% of the reason he has flopped for Belgium is the fact the coach is absolutely clueless but that's just my opinion
Yeah, I doubt he'll have done enough to convince someone to part with the sort of money Everton would be after in the summer.

I wouldn't begrudge any player a move to a bigger club, but I don't think it would work out for him at the Barca/Real/Bayern level. He's an excellent goalscorer, but those teams aren't likely to be interested in spending £40+m to turn four-nils into six-nils.

I suppose it all depends on whether or not you think he's good enough to cut it in the latter stages of the Champions League. Personally, I think he'll end up missing what he has at Everton.

when was the last time we sold more than one of our first team players in the same window? Perhaps we will get a bid for players but worst case scenario is we only are going to sell one of them, no matter who comes knocking, and stones has already been chased, who knows though.

70 million? Transfers aren't really based on numbers plucked out of thin air mate, i would be curious to know why you place that value on him.

Internationally doesn't matter mate, this year he is going to break 20 goals consecutively and that is what people pay their money for, not how they perform for their country.

Not really mate, International form and doing it at a major tournament has gotten player massive moves in the past and also cost players big moves by failing on those occasions. Also the articles linking Lukaku are utter jarg first with PSG as Ibra's repalcement - which is frankly utterly ludicrous
At Real as Benzemas - similarly a lol rumour and lastly at Man United - which is the most comical one of all

Wonder why he isn't being linked with Wolfsburg anymore and what ever happened to that supposedly nailed don bid for him from them, same with the Juve interest as well, all very strange, expect to see a chelsea link in the next few weeks due to Rom being a big Chelsea fan still

Pretty much since he signed for us permanently I've been expecting him to leave this coming summer. I don't see anything to suggest that won't happen. He's top class.

Real Madird will be looking in the summer, Benzima will be moved on, and Ronaldo coming closer to the end. They need a refresh.

United too.

The big money will come in the summer.

imo.

Without getting into the why and why not of it mate, i will be utterly shocked if Real Madrid ever make Lukaku a galactico poster boy signing - he doesn't really fit the 'profile' that they demand from their stars

Pretty much since he signed for us permanently I've been expecting him to leave this coming summer. I don't see anything to suggest that won't happen. He's top class.

Thing that makes me think he will stay, he has been that good that he has moved outside the range of buying for the level of club above us, but he hasnt been quite good enough for that top top level that could and would pay the money needed to get us to sell

Without getting into the why and why not of it mate, i will be utterly shocked if Real Madrid ever make Lukaku a galactico poster boy signing - he doesn't really fit the 'profile' that they demand from their stars

Not many up and coming top strikers around the world smashing them in like Rom. They could spend 50 mill on him and sell Benzima for 40 mil.

It's quite a likely scenario that all 4 of those clubs will have a new manager next season mate so absolutely daft to be predicting they are going spurge 70m on a player when we don't even know who will be in charge their.

As for Lukaku to Madrid - don't be daft, they don't pay that kind of money for a player who hasn't made a massive impact and who outside of the UK isn't really that high profile mate

For some of these top clubs it barely matters who the manager is. This will probably be Ibrahimovich's last season at PSG and could well be Benzema's at Real's. Those two clubs could well be looking for replacements and will set off a chain of a number of strikers moving for a large amount of money. I am just fairly confident that Lukaku will be part of that chain as when you look round Europe who is better that is not already at a top champions league side? He was also the golden boot in the Euripa last year despite not even making the quarters. Everyone will be aware of him across Europe and if he continues as he is doing and ends up with 25 plus goals then a lot of clubs will be interested.

This is the same Real who paid a world record fee for Bale on the back of one decent season, who bought Rodriguez after one World Cup. Barcelona bought Suarez who had never played in the champions league. Top clubs do not care that much about wasting money. They Hoover up talent like Lukaku. The fact he was even at Chelsea at 17 to begin with is case in point of this.

Not really mate, International form and doing it at a major tournament has gotten player massive moves in the past and also cost players big moves by failing on those occasions. Also the articles linking Lukaku are utter jarg first with PSG as Ibra's repalcement - which is frankly utterly ludicrous
At Real as Benzemas - similarly a lol rumour and lastly at Man United - which is the most comical one of all

Wonder why he isn't being linked with Wolfsburg anymore and what ever happened to that supposedly nailed don bid for him from them, same with the Juve interest as well, all very strange, expect to see a chelsea link in the next few weeks due to Rom being a big Chelsea fan still
If/when we sell him i would be willing to put money on him moving because of what he does at club level rather than international. It might push people to bid quicker (or bid against each other) to sign him but it's the club player.

I mean look at, for arguments sake PSG. Are they realistically signing some good player for his country? Or are they willing to pay the asking price for a striker who breaks 20 goals every season? How many strikers actually do that every year? That is worth a hell of a lot, and as each season goes past, him breaking it each time adds more and more onto his value. Plus it establishes him as a top striker, which attracts the richest clubs to sign him.

I will always say i wouldn't want to sell lukaku for any money, even a world record fee tbh.

BUT

If we do sell him, i just pray that money from it is used to sign a talented striker rather than a stop gap. I'd love us to spend a similar amount and get a player ala Athletico do, a striker just under the verge of being amazing.

Thing that makes me think he will stay, he has been that good that he has moved outside the range of buying for the level of club above us, but he hasnt been quite good enough for that top top level that could and would pay the money needed to get us to sell

I've just always been of the opinion that the combination of his ability and his ambition will see him move on when he feels he is ready and he has performed at a high enough level for long enough. His huge number of appearances for club and country and his stats show he's good enough to move up now and I'm sure he's well aware of that.

I see your points, but I just feel he's too much of a gem and too visible to all the top clubs around Europe for one of them who has the money not to decide he's worth it.

If we were to finish in the top 4 this season I'd expect him to stay like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back