Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is mate how many teams are there in world football that could actually afford to buy him now?

Chelsea - don't see them eating that amount of humble pie and admitting a mistake that will cost them 30m again - no chance on earth under Mourinho it happens
United - Will any attacking player want to go there under LVG now?
City - Not going to spend 55-65m on a back up to Aguerro and don't see him going anywhere
Bayern - have Lewandowski who is better and in his prime
Barca - Don't play a out and out striker and have 3 better goalscorers
Madrid - Possible - but can buy anyone in the world they want who isn't at Barca already
PSG - Have a 50m+ striker already having to play on the wing - so great advert for Lukaku to stay clear, as an ambitious player will he want to drop down to a 1 team league?

I'd also say the lad at Dortmund would be the number one priority for any team out that list who is looking to buy a striker mate

Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Athl Madrid, Juve, Inter, AC Milan, Dortmund, to just list the likely richest/biggest of the other clubs would no way be able to afford close to what we'd be demanding they pay

I don't really know who will or won't want to buy him specifically, but if someone did come in for him, which wouldn't be remotely surprising and we happen to miss out on europe this season, are we in a position to stand in his way? We did with a 21 year old centre back with a season's worth of top flight experience, but perhaps player power could be more of a factor in the case of a top class striker with years of experience at most levels and brilliant stats throughout.

He's a very professional lad but he's also highly ambitious. He will have to move.on eventually if we're not in the top 4.

United, city, psg, real, barcelona, maybe juve, even chelsea could.

Im not saying they will mate, but its possible, and surely more likely.

Just don't see it myself, not unless he has a great Euro's mate, at least not for another season anyway, United and PSG are the only two i think out those that would give me pause for though about maybe they would, but still think pretty strongly that he wont yet

Thing is mate how many teams are there in world football that could actually afford to buy him now?

Chelsea - don't see them eating that amount of humble pie and admitting a mistake that will cost them 30m again - no chance on earth under Mourinho it happens
United - Will any attacking player want to go there under LVG now?
City - Not going to spend 55-65m on a back up to Aguerro and don't see him going anywhere
Bayern - have Lewandowski who is better and in his prime
Barca - Don't play a out and out striker and have 3 better goalscorers
Madrid - Possible - but can buy anyone in the world they want who isn't at Barca already
PSG - Have a 50m+ striker already having to play on the wing - so great advert for Lukaku to stay clear, as an ambitious player will he want to drop down to a 1 team league?

I'd also say the lad at Dortmund would be the number one priority for any team out that list who is looking to buy a striker mate

Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Athl Madrid, Juve, Inter, AC Milan, Dortmund, to just list the likely richest/biggest of the other clubs would no way be able to afford close to what we'd be demanding they pay

Surely price would depend on length of contract left?

I don't really know who will or won't want to buy him specifically, but if someone did come in for him, which wouldn't be remotely surprising and we happen to miss out on europe this season, are we in a position to stand in his way? We did with a 21 year old centre back with a season's worth of top flight experience, but perhaps player power could be more of a factor in the case of a top class striker with years of experience at most levels and brilliant stats throughout.

He's a very professional lad but he's also highly ambitious. He will have to move.on eventually if we're not in the top 4.

Financially as we showed with Stones mate we can't be pressured into selling by a high bid no more, obviously all our players have a magic number we will sell them for I'm not daft like, but if we are turning down 40m roughly for a cb who slapped in a transfer request and we paid 3m for, then think about how much a buying club would have to bid to get hold of a Striker we paid 28m for...?

IF Lukaku does get sold - then it will be for an amount that is absolutely stupidity to turn down

Just don't see it myself, not unless he has a great Euro's mate, at least not for another season anyway, United and PSG are the only two i think out those that would give me pause for though about maybe they would, but still think pretty strongly that he wont yet

Alot depends on how we finish the season.

We miss out even on Europe, and clubs will try and drive the price down, meaning other clubs could join in.

If sterling wasn't English mate and City didn't have a quota to fill for English players he would have never been bought for even half that amount mate or even not bought at all

De Bruyne - are you having a laugh - he absolutely tore up the Bundesliga mate 16 goals and 28 bloody assists

Also IF city don't sell Aguerro then why on earth would Lukaku even consider going to them mate? to be in exactly the same boat he left Chelsea for

Wilfred Boni is a cautionary tale.

Alot depends on how we finish the season.

We miss out even on Europe, and clubs will try and drive the price down, meaning other clubs could join in.

Missed out on Europe this season mate and it made absolutely no difference to how we handled the Stones saga
How long had we missed out on Europe before we played hardball with United over the Felli fee, a player the manager didn't really even want in the squad

Simply looking at the situation, we are a club who tends to sell for a premium, we paid 28m for him we arent going to sell cheap at all mate. Lukaku will not go to a club he won't be the obvious first choice at, he will have to suit the style of play of the team he goes to, thats a awfully narrow list of potential suitors for him

But I agree witH @bluestevon on the whole. Could perhaps see Juve coming in for him in the summer or PSG, but it all depends on what he does at the Euros. And if he does well, we're talking £50mil easy.

Missed out on Europe this season mate and it made absolutely no difference to how we handled the Stones saga
How long had we missed out on Europe before we played hardball with United over the Felli fee, a player the manager didn't really even want in the squad

Simply looking at the situation, we are a club who tends to sell for a premium, we paid 28m for him we arent going to sell cheap at all mate. Lukaku will not go to a club he won't be the obvious first choice at, he will have to suit the style of play of the team he goes to, thats a awfully narrow list of potential suitors for him

I'd say the front runeers would be PSG, Juve and Atletico. PSG have the money, Juve is a weird one - depends if they sell Pogba. Atletico would suit him down to the ground, but they'd only have that money if they sold half their squad.

But I agree witH @bluestevon on the whole. Could perhaps see Juve coming in for him in the summer or PSG, but it all depends on what he does at the Euros. And if he does well, we're talking £50mil easy.

Thing is mate our biggest transfer in the last 13 years is bigger than Juventus's one, the kind of money needed just isn't in Italian football now, they can and do pay 17-25m for a player but never ever go higher than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back