Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed out on Europe this season mate and it made absolutely no difference to how we handled the Stones saga
How long had we missed out on Europe before we played hardball with United over the Felli fee, a player the manager didn't really even want in the squad

Simply looking at the situation, we are a club who tends to sell for a premium, we paid 28m for him we arent going to sell cheap at all mate. Lukaku will not go to a club he won't be the obvious first choice at, he will have to suit the style of play of the team he goes to, thats a awfully narrow list of potential suitors for him

As someone said, Stones had 1 year of senior football under his belt, Rom is and has a much bigger profile than Stones last season.

I don't think we could hold onto Stones if we have same situation in the summer.

I'd say the front runeers would be PSG, Juve and Atletico. PSG have the money, Juve is a weird one - depends if they sell Pogba. Atletico would suit him down to the ground, but they'd only have that money if they sold half their squad.

Aye Athletico just don't buy a player for that type of money who they know theyb won't be able to turn a profit on as it's still basically there model.

Of all clubs PSG is the only one that makes me even bat an eyelid about especially as Lukaku's agent has form dealing with them, then again they have Cavani already their having to play on the wing due to Zlatan, so can't see them not just swapping him centrally as he is still only 28

Thing is mate our biggest transfer in the last 13 years is bigger than Juventus's one, the kind of money needed just isn't in Italian football now, they can and do pay 17-25m for a player but never ever go higher than that

Yep I agree. Depends if they sell Pogba, but you'd imagine if that was the case then they'd be looking at getting in several replacements, not just lumping the majority of it on a player in a different position.

He's at the best place for him right now and he's constantly in the limelight as the best player in a team that (usually) challenge for a place in Europe in the world's most competitive league.

As someone said, Stones had 1 year of senior football under his belt, Rom is and has a much bigger profile than Stones last season.

I don't think we could hold onto Stones if we have same situation in the summer.

and don't you think that we would use that bigger profile to price him away from pretty much anyone not willing to pay an absolutely insane amount

Aye Athletico just don't buy a player for that type of money who they know theyb won't be able to turn a profit on as it's still basically there model.

Of all clubs PSG is the only one that makes me even bat an eyelid about especially as Lukaku's agent has form dealing with them, then again they have Cavani already their having to play on the wing due to Zlatan, so can't see them not just swapping him centrally as he is still only 28

Think Zlatan may leave this summer. Depends, as said one transfer in Europe usually kick-starts a merry-go round.

Yep I agree. Depends if they sell Pogba, but you'd imagine if that was the case then they'd be looking at getting in several replacements, not just lumping the majority of it on a player in a different position.

He's at the best place for him right now and he's constantly in the limelight as the best player in a team that (usually) challenge for a place in Europe in the world's most competitive league.

From memory i think they spent the Zidane money on 2 big money transfers when they sold them

Thing is mate how many teams are there in world football that could actually afford to buy him now?

Chelsea - don't see them eating that amount of humble pie and admitting a mistake that will cost them 30m again - no chance on earth under Mourinho it happens
United - Will any attacking player want to go there under LVG now?
City - Not going to spend 55-65m on a back up to Aguerro and don't see him going anywhere
Bayern - have Lewandowski who is better and in his prime
Barca - Don't play a out and out striker and have 3 better goalscorers
Madrid - Possible - but can buy anyone in the world they want who isn't at Barca already
PSG - Have a 50m+ striker already having to play on the wing - so great advert for Lukaku to stay clear, as an ambitious player will he want to drop down to a 1 team league?

I'd also say the lad at Dortmund would be the number one priority for any team out that list who is looking to buy a striker mate

Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Athl Madrid, Juve, Inter, AC Milan, Dortmund, to just list the likely richest/biggest of the other clubs would no way be able to afford close to what we'd be demanding they pay
Arsenal could afford him. He'd be perfect for them as well.

I think his agent would use that profile to drive him out of Everton, towards any bigger club.

He can try mate, fact is though it's easier to do that when your client isn't already in the richest league by a mile in the world. he is left trying to convince a small list of clubs to bid a ridiculous amount of money to an unwilling seller

Arsenal have never paid the money it would take to buy Lukaku for any other player mate

Using that logic spurs/Liverpool could afford him as well

I think it depends on if they manage to win the league/come close this season. It may be 'the straw that breaks the camel's back' in terms of Wenger finally realising he would have to spend big money.

The only reason I could see City going in for him would be if Aguero goes to Real. United is a possibility, and they are a massive club, but it depends what happens with LVG.

I think it depends on if they manage to win the league/come close this season. It may be 'the straw that breaks the camel's back' in terms of Wenger finally realising he would have to spend big money.

The only reason I could see City going in for him would be if Aguero goes to Real. United is a possibility, and they are a massive club, but it depends what happens with LVG.

thing is mate whilst Lukaku has been oustanding this year, and as another poster stated about a possible merry go round of transfers this year, Aubameyang, Higuain and Griezmann would be higher in those teams sites and the clubs these three are playing for currently would not be able to pay for Lukaku as their replacement

I will be devastated when if/when we lose Rom. He's the best striker we have had since Lineker, that's a long time and a lot of strikers. Replacing him like for like without CL football will be impossible in my opinion.

We need a trophy at the very least to have any chance of hanging on to him. Personally if we could finish top four, I think he would give it another season. If this season peters out, then I think he may be off.

He can try mate, fact is though it's easier to do that when your client isn't already in the richest league by a mile in the world. he is left trying to convince a small list of clubs to bid a ridiculous amount of money to an unwilling seller

That "small list of clubs" is the same list that will always be after the best players, bi different now.

Rom scores 20-30 goals this season, the bids will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back