Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ossie and Hibbo are old school footballers. I imagine that, over the years, their telephones have rung hot with big-money offers from other clubs. But they've remained loyal to EFC...legends the pair of 'em. I hope that loyalty is not forgotten and contract extensions are in the offing...

Pretty sure Hibbo has a huge red phone that to use he has to put in certain codes in order to activate a nuclear strike mate, still think we missed a huge chance to get him off the wage bill by not bringing him over to Ukraine for the match against Kiev

True. I seriously think we wouldnt let him go under £50m though

I don't think we'd let him go at all for another season after this one mate, their is no actual incentive for any club to sell a younger player in the prem anymore whose market value will only rise.

Sterling went in the summer but he kicked up the biggest stink any player really could do to get that move and 99% of players wouldn't go that far, also they still ended up getting i'd say double what his true value was, so thinking of Rom as genuinely a 40m quid player then it tells you just how ridiculous a bid would have to be to get him

The incentive of selling in many ways has been removed due to the huge influx of TV revenue, a club can only have so much of a wage bill and can only attract a certain quality of player - so it kind of removes the old incentive of selling to buy that most clubs had to, now most clubs will be able to spend a decent amount without selling its star assets

Take us - spent roughly 20m this summer without any sale needed, factor in we could have shifted Naismith and Mirallas for a combined 20m if we had needed money to buy a target, plus with all clubs now having a decent spending power it means those squad players like Naismith, Jelavic, Anichebe etc fetch far more as their is more possible buyers out their

The whole way transfers for the none SKY5 clubs are for the foreseeable future has changed a huge amount

I don't think we'd let him go at all for another season after this one mate, their is no actual incentive for any club to sell a younger player in the prem anymore whose market value will only rise.

Sterling went in the summer but he kicked up the biggest stink any player really could do to get that move and 99% of players wouldn't go that far, also they still ended up getting i'd say double what his true value was, so thinking of Rom as genuinely a 40m quid player then it tells you just how ridiculous a bid would have to be to get him

The incentive of selling in many ways has been removed due to the huge influx of TV revenue, a club can only have so much of a wage bill and can only attract a certain quality of player - so it kind of removes the old incentive of selling to buy that most clubs had to, now most clubs will be able to spend a decent amount without selling its star assets

Take us - spent roughly 20m this summer without any sale needed, factor in we could have shifted Naismith and Mirallas for a combined 20m if we had needed money to buy a target, plus with all clubs now having a decent spending power it means those squad players like Naismith, Jelavic, Anichebe etc fetch far more as their is more possible buyers out their

The whole way transfers for the none SKY5 clubs are for the foreseeable future has changed a huge amount

Rom will help us get a trophy this season but I think he wont be here next season. Mainly because he started to keep noise about year ago. His agent will assure huge offers from CL teams.

Rom will help us get a trophy this season but I think he wont be here next season. Mainly because he started to keep noise about year ago. His agent will assure huge offers from CL teams.

Raiola's influence is on the wane though mate, he has failed repeatedly with a few clients trying to push them towards a big move, think clubs started to stand up to him actually a lot more

Ibrahimovic - constantly linked with moving from PSG and gone nowhere
Pogba - Linked the past two years with moving - gone nowhere
Lukaku - Linked with moving since Raiola took the job, gone nowhere
Balotelli - busted flush not wanted anywhere
Mikhatiryan - at Dortmund
Matuidi - at PSG

Thats basically all of his high profile clients, none of them have moved recently besides for balotelli and that was only because he was not wanted at his team/s

Think overall the days when an agent had the most power have gone now and the power has shifted a long way towards the club again - in the large part due to the massive influx of tv revenue

The only problem would be when his contract is up and if he'd sign a new one or not.

The only problem would be when his contract is up and if he'd sign a new one or not.

His contract runs out in June 2019. I don't expect him to sign another unless we consistently qualify for CL but I'm not convinced he'll leave next summer. My money would be on a summer 2017 move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back