Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is mate our biggest transfer in the last 13 years is bigger than Juventus's one, the kind of money needed just isn't in Italian football now, they can and do pay 17-25m for a player but never ever go higher than that

great find that stat, interesting. especially seeing as they reached a CL final.

lol You're so cool I could swoon.

carlito_zpsaefc5010.jpg

great find that stat, interesting. especially seeing as they reached a CL final.

it's weird mate to think that mid-lower half prem teams can basically pay as much as the top European teams these days - with the exception of PSG, Madrid, Barca and Bayern.

It's why 95% of these rumours can just be instantly laughed off, remember Lukaku to Wolfsburg lol

So your choice would be Pogba then? I don't doubt Pogba's talent, but finding someone who can consistently bang in goals at this level like Rom does is more rare IMO.
Yeah, I think Pogba would have Everton making serious runs at Champions League football, similar to what Bale did at Tottenham. He's an excellent player.

If It came down to a choice between Rom or Stones who was leaving next summer, I think I'd prefer keep Rom, Stones can be replaced but goal scorers like our Rom are a in short supply. Cost an absolute fortune to get someone in his class.

If It came down to a choice between Rom or Stones who was leaving next summer, I think I'd prefer keep Rom, Stones can be replaced but goal scorers like our Rom are a in short supply. Cost an absolute fortune to get someone in his class.

I don't think we could replace either. I think you'd get a better overall striker than Lukaku maybe, or a better pure defender than Stones, but if you wanted to replace like for like (e.g. bring in a lethal goalscorer and a composed ball playing centre half), we simply couldn't. In the case of Stones, it's not a case of money - I just don't think a better defender of his type exists in world football for any price.

Would rather lose Stones any day of the week, not like our defence has been rock solid with him in it. Lukaku would be irreplaceable even CL clubs like Utd and Chelsea don't have a top goalscorer what chance will 7th placed trophy us have of bringing one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back