Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Pogba is rated at £60-80mil so Lukaku would be somewhere there.

Lukaku. Pogba is probably more polished at this point but real goal scorers are more rare. There are more players that can do what Pogba does than there are players that do what Lukaku has proven he can do.

What a front two this would be to have had so far this season.

image.webp

Just need to turn these draws into wins and we will be sound. 2 wins in the last 9 regardless of how long we've been unbeaten isn't Champions League form unfortunately.

If he can keep slotting and we can get 2-3 wins under our belts over the crimbo period then we would be right up there. Another couple of draws or defeats over this period and we can definitely kiss it goodbye barring a miracle.

Just need to turn these draws into wins and we will be sound. 2 wins in the last 9 regardless of how long we've been unbeaten isn't Champions League form unfortunately.

If he can keep slotting and we can get 2-3 wins under our belts over the crimbo period then we would be right up there. Another couple of draws or defeats over this period and we can definitely kiss it goodbye barring a miracle.

Top 4 still all to play for with a good few teams in contention.

Top 4 still all to play for with a good few teams in contention.
Yes, but can Everton carpe diem?. The literary( as GOT forum manifested) doppelganger in me has of late facetiously trivialised my genuine scepticism, (borne of experience tbf), regarding Everton (management and all) possessing the nads to seize present opportunity and tear a new one in what is not overwhelming competition. Results to date suggest they can't...and 45 mins/game of entertaining football notwithstanding, it's not good enough.

Last edited:
Yes, but can Everton carpe diem?. The literary( as manifested) doppelganger in me has of late facetiously trivialised my genuine scepticism, (borne of experience tbf), regarding Everton (management and all) possessing the nads to seize present opportunity and tear a new one in what is not overwhelming competition. Results to date suggest they can't...and 45 mins/game of entertaining football notwithstanding, it's not good enough.

Lukaku has improved vastly since the start of the season and it could be argued that he is 'doing his bit' - missed chances against Swansea, Palace and Norwich notwithstanding. And as people have indicated the defence needs to step up to the plate. We have Stones, who has not shone the last 2 games defending corners, who is still learning his trade and Mori new to the game in England. As players they should be working on the aspects of their game that needs improving - Stones winning the ball in our penalty area for instance - as Lukaku has worked on aspects of his game - most notable trapping the ball. It is up to defenders to defend and 'want to defend' the old adage 'doing the dirty work'. By becoming better at what they do the defenders will sharpen up on not conceding. There is no reason that we can't go on a barn storming run because this team fear playing no-one and I believe they will relish this challenge to get the defending right.

Lukaku has improved vastly since the start of the season and it could be argued that he is 'doing his bit' - missed chances against Swansea, Palace and Norwich notwithstanding. And as people have indicated the defence needs to step up to the plate. We have Stones, who has not shone the last 2 games defending corners, who is still learning his trade and Mori new to the game in England. As players they should be working on the aspects of their game that needs improving - Stones winning the ball in our penalty area for instance - as Lukaku has worked on aspects of his game - most notable trapping the ball. It is up to defenders to defend and 'want to defend' the old adage 'doing the dirty work'. By becoming better at what they do the defenders will sharpen up on not conceding. There is no reason that we can't go on a barn storming run because this team fear playing no-one and I believe they will relish this challenge to get the defending right.
no doubt mate, there's been an evolutionary jump in Lukaku's development toward becoming complete striker this season ( credit to him, RM and his team). And I want Everton to reap continued/future reward for assisting him in attaining that. Our soft underbelly however, will deny us any such 'recompense' the way we're travelling at present.
Everton's mid season report? : shows promise...but has the capacity to be so much better.
To retain Lukaku, we need to bin the "shows promise" appraisal, and as a team, JUST DO better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back