Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If It came down to a choice between Rom or Stones who was leaving next summer, I think I'd prefer keep Rom, Stones can be replaced but goal scorers like our Rom are a in short supply. Cost an absolute fortune to get someone in his class.

I think we all need to start adjusting to the fact that neither will be at Everton next season, so just enjoy them whilst they are here.

The only this may be possible is if we get a CL spot and Bobby persuades them to stay for that. I could see Rom getting some serious attention from abroad and the only thing that will soften the blow is that I can't see him going for less than 50m, with 40m minimum for Stones as the bar was set for him in the last transfer window.

Thinking of Rom's ambition I am getting a horrible feeling if there is no Europe footie next season there could be waves. Not just with Rom either.

So I am thinking on similar lines to the previous post, if a player is wanted money may be no object when the player is very young.

Even if it meant we didn't have Rom? Who would net for us? Agree to disagree on this one I suppose.
Yep, I'd make the sacrifice. I don't think Lukaku is any better than what the clubs we look at as rivals have (Kane, Giroud, Martial, etc), so I wouldn't worry too much about replacing him.

As you said, agree to disagree. Egg on my face if he goes on to star for one of the world's leading teams, but I don't see that happening.

Good interview of Football Focus this morning. Very grounded for a 22 year old with the world at his feet, he's obviously as sound as they come. Saying the aim is to win the League cup, get as far as we can in the FA cup and finish 4th.

Can't argue with those aims! If he keeps banging them in like he has been there's no reason why we can't achieve them to be honest.

I don't think we could replace either. I think you'd get a better overall striker than Lukaku maybe, or a better pure defender than Stones, but if you wanted to replace like for like (e.g. bring in a lethal goalscorer and a composed ball playing centre half), we simply couldn't. In the case of Stones, it's not a case of money - I just don't think a better defender of his type exists in world football for any price.

We got Stones from Barnsley.

Nice preview Chico!!

Right I'm away for this one. By the time I return to the wi-Fi zone I expect no fumers off the back of a 3-1 victory!!!

Into them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back