Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal have never paid the money it would take to buy Lukaku for any other player mate

Using that logic spurs/Liverpool could afford him as well

They paid 42m for Ozil though. If they offered 50m for Lukaku, and he showed a desire to leave then I think Everton would have to give it some serious thought.

Personally I'd hope for about 60-70m for him if he does go, as it's no longer potential, he's doing it now.

Hopefully he stays though as it's unlikely we'll replace him with someone of the same quality.

Somone mentioned Vardy worth circa £40mil after half a good season out of his whole career. enough said.

That figure is ridiculous for Vardy but he has a very good career goalwise, fair enough it was at lower level but he's definitely had a decent career. I would take him over Austin anyday and most Evertonians wanted him. The only thing with lukaku is I think he has a ceiling price of 40-50m. He doesn't seem to get the same praise or coverage as Ronaldo, bale etc were getting, for big big money.

They paid 42m for Ozil though. If they offered 50m for Lukaku, and he showed a desire to leave then I think Everton would have to give it some serious thought.

Personally I'd hope for about 60-70m for him if he does go, as it's no longer potential, he's doing it now.

Hopefully he stays though as it's unlikely we'll replace him with someone of the same quality.

Arsenals two biggest transfers are World cup, CL and la liga winner Ozil for 42m who had been one of the outstanding players the past few seasons for Madrid.
Sanchez for about 35m or so from Barca who was a CL and la liga winner and who has performed consistently for years for a strong Chilli side

there 3rd biggest transfer in the clubs history is Calum Chambers mate, think when you consider that it does put Arsenal as a buying club into perspective, they get linked every year with bug money transfers but never really actually make those transfers - it is all just paper talk when they are linked

They will not 100% certainty suddenly come out with a 50,60,70m pound bid for Lukaku, nothing the club or Wenger have ever done in their history suggests they will do so

That "small list of clubs" is the same list that will always be after the best players, bi different now.

Rom scores 20-30 goals this season, the bids will come.

Let them bid then mate, pretty sure no one is at his pint going to pay the 60m + that we'd stick on his head, oh he will be linked no doubt throughout the next few years but honestly as long as they get the clicks thats all the 'reporters' care about anyway.

See Coleman is effectively a done deal today to Chelsea according to a big Italian sports outlet, ofc he will still be here after January but shows the calibre of story that goes around the media

That figure is ridiculous for Vardy but he has a very good career goalwise, fair enough it was at lower level but he's definitely had a decent career. I would take him over Austin anyday and most Evertonians wanted him. The only thing with lukaku is I think he has a ceiling price of 40-50m. He doesn't seem to get the same praise or coverage as Ronaldo, bale etc were getting, for big big money.

In the context I was implying, he has had half a good season and is 28. This right here is the problem with english football, any player has a good 10 games and the media hype the hell out of them. Vardy is not fit to lace Lukakus boots, he's having a very good purple patch that is all.

I'm quite happy the media have left Rom alone, the tide is turning though, they are onto him now.

I'm happy for Vardy like, shows with a bit of hard work and determination, you can make the climb up the divisions.

At the risk of further inciting Chico and the Khmer Blues, I don't think the offer Lukaku is looking for will come.
You don't incite lid, I just generally LOL @ u to pass dull internet days.

Let's just enjoy Lukaku playing for Everton while we can, he's an ace striker all round.

I'll spare the self loathers a vaulting session on him in the hope that they will apply a more reasoned approach to other aspects of the club, like the Manager.

Let's just enjoy Lukaku playing for Everton while we can, he's an ace striker all round.

I'll spare the self loathers a vaulting session on him in the hope that they will apply a more reasoned approach to other aspects of the club, like the Manager.

Agree mate no one is here for ever, so just enjoy it while they are here
He is approaching being one of the best forwards I have seen, and he is still a kid

Saying that it feels like Hibbert and Osman have been her forever

I think were talking £70mil+.

Based on him scoring 1 in 2, his age and also how much we need him in the side based on the TV money.

His media profile was very good but seems to have dropped off now....needs those dreads back to add a few more mil on top to fit the Real Madrid profile :)

Financially as we showed with Stones mate we can't be pressured into selling by a high bid no more, obviously all our players have a magic number we will sell them for I'm not daft like, but if we are turning down 40m roughly for a cb who slapped in a transfer request and we paid 3m for, then think about how much a buying club would have to bid to get hold of a Striker we paid 28m for...?

IF Lukaku does get sold - then it will be for an amount that is absolutely stupidity to turn down

:lol: You're so cool I could swoon.

Agree mate no one is here for ever, so just enjoy it while they are here
He is approaching being one of the best forwards I have seen, and he is still a kid

Saying that it feels like Hibbert and Osman have been her forever
Ossie and Hibbo are old school footballers. I imagine that, over the years, their telephones have rung hot with big-money offers from other clubs. But they've remained loyal to EFC...legends the pair of 'em. I hope that loyalty is not forgotten and contract extensions are in the offing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back