Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange one this.

Conte wants to get rid of a better striker in Costa and potentially pay a world record fee for a player who is not as good ( at the mo ).

Costa must really be a total bellend to have around the team.

I know everyone hates him now because he wants to leave, but if you give me Lukaku or Costa, I'd take Lukaku right now and in 3 years time it won't even be close. Costa being a bell might factor into it too, but Conte is not dumb.

Kone finally leaves freeing up our iconic no9 shirt. Greatest striker in our premierleague history hates us and wants to leave us having never worn it. I blame Leon Osman

I know everyone hates him now because he wants to leave, but if you give me Lukaku or Costa, I'd take Lukaku right now and in 3 years time it won't even be close. Costa being a bell might factor into it too, but Conte is not dumb.
I think I might go the other way.
Costa works very hard for the team even if he doesn't score in quite as many games.
I wonder how Conte would like or react if Lukaku, his father and his agent acted as they have done while the player has been under contract at Everton?

Actually sounds very plausable that. Would make sense how he was happy to sign the contract and then out of nowhere he didn't, almost like he had his chance to both play in the CL and play for chelsea at the same time.

If that is the case then it shows just what the real face of top flight football is.

Read somewhere, think it was hln, that he didn't sign the contract because of his mother Adolphine. When he skipped the Dubai-trip he went to Belgium and there his mother persuaded him that it's better to not sign a new contract with Everton.

Read somewhere, think it was hln, that he didn't sign the contract because of his mother Adolphine. When he skipped the Dubai-trip he went to Belgium and there his mother persuaded him that it's better to not sign a new contract with Everton.
that version sounds less plausible if i am being honest! Especially as he was getting a pay rise.

Who knows then

that version sounds less plausible if i am being honest! Especially as he was getting a pay rise.

Who knows then

I'd buy it; they interview her from time to time and she always speaks about the special connection with Romelu etc + in interviews he even says she's the most important one etc... . What his mum says he does; it's strange. It's also because of her that he signed with Everton. She's like his boss. Maybe she was tapped up.

2e3cad8e-36ae-11e6-82d9-fff9446a417b_web_scale_0.0871514_0.0871514__.jpg

I think I might go the other way.
Costa works very hard for the team even if he doesn't score in quite as many games.
I wonder how Conte would like or react if Lukaku, his father and his agent acted as they have done while the player has been under contract at Everton?

Don't think he'd care at all to be honest. Hazard goes on about Madrid being his dream move, Costa pretty much packed his own bags and was off to China halfway through the season. It's Football, a lot of the players are dim and are easily manipulated to act like tits by the greed of their agents (and their own greed too) which the press loves to exploit. I would imagine managers that have been around a while take most of the drama with a grain of salt.

In 3 years Lukaku has just turned 27 and Costa is 31.

I'd buy it; they interview her from time to time and she always speaks about the special connection with Romelu etc + in interviews he even says she's the most important one etc... . What his mum says he does; it's strange. It's also because of her that he signed with Everton. She's like his boss. Maybe she was tapped up.

I would!

Actually sounds very plausable that. Would make sense how he was happy to sign the contract and then out of nowhere he didn't, almost like he had his chance to both play in the CL and play for chelsea at the same time.

If that is the case then it shows just what the real face of top flight football is.

Pretty much sure that version isn't too far from what happened but even at non league levels approaches are made to players without owning clubs consent and I have absolutely no doubt that the whole tapping up rule is sidestepped in near enough every transfer

It sort of astounds me that so many rave about Costa. Ok he is a bully but his hold up play and one on one ability is far from top notch. Watch some highlights off him running with the ball, watch how many times he takes the wrong option and also how often he is missing from central areas when the ball is played in from wide.

Makes sense she lives in bates motel

Don't think he'd care at all to be honest. Hazard goes on about Madrid being his dream move, Costa pretty much packed his own bags and was off to China halfway through the season. It's Football, a lot of the players are dim and are easily manipulated to act like tits by the greed of their agents (and their own greed too) which the press loves to exploit. I would imagine managers that have been around a while take most of the drama with a grain of salt.

In 3 years Lukaku has just turned 27 and Costa is 31.
In the middle of the season there wasn't much that Conte could say to Costa with risking derailing their season completely.
However, we now see that Costa got a text from the manager telling him that he was out... I think that tells us a lot about Conte and his feelings towards the player.

Maybe it is just me, but I must say that I have never heard Hazard say much that was wrong.
I think that Lukaku will continue to shoot his mouth off , I also think Chelsea and Conte will do their best to shut him up.
I only saw today that Lukaku had a pop at Harry Kane as well. He really needs to learn to keep his mouth closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back