Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG, Bayern, Athletico Madrid?
Sorry, I completely forgot about PSG. They could of course afford him and could definitely see him wanting to go there obviously.

Not sure Bayern would pay what we want for him although it does look like Lewandowski will be off to Madrid so maybe they would.

Don't think Atletico would be able to afford him given he'll likely be going for £50-£60m. Their record transfer is £30m for Falcao.

Plus all the Chinese clubs emerging blinking in to the football light.
Wonder what his response would be to an offer of £15m a year after tax?
Lukaku is by all accounts a complete football nerd. He is also only 22. I don't see any way at this stage he would be attracted by China, even if they did offer him something ridiculous. The football there will still be of a poor level and he wants to play in the Champions League and prove himself as one of the best strikers in the World. That's not going to happen in China.

Sorry, I completely forgot about PSG. They could of course afford him and could definitely see him wanting to go there obviously.

Not sure Bayern would pay what we want for him although it does look like Lewandowski will be off to Madrid so maybe they would.

Don't think Atletico would be able to afford him given he'll likely be going for £50-£60m. Their record transfer is £30m for Falcao.

PSG are the obvious suitors for me. They could pay enough and he can speak the language. Zlatan is getting on and Cavani is nearly finished.

The major question is whether he'd want to go to a joke league.

PSG are the obvious suitors for me. They could pay enough and he can speak the language. Zlatan is getting on and Cavani is nearly finished.

I doubt it would be his preference but they are starting to look dangerous in the Champions League which is the main target.

As I've said I don't think there are that many viable options given the amount we will be asking for.

Another thing, if Mourinho takes over at United, would he want Rom or would Rom want to "play" for him again? I'm not so sure. If it's not Mourinho I could see him going to Man U even if they don't get Champions League this year as they will pay him more and are probably more likely to be in the Champions League in 2017/18 season.

A joke league it is but a league he's guaranteed just about to win every year, score about a million a season, get paid absolute billions AND champions league every single season.

I can definitely see the attraction myself.

A joke league it is but a league he's guaranteed just about to win every year, score about a million a season, get paid absolute billions AND champions league every single season.

I can definitely see the attraction myself.

For sure. But for some sportsmen those exact reasons will be a massive turn-off. Depends if he's the type to want a challenge or to want to absolutely dominate.

Mino Raiola is his new agent and he represents (among others) Zlatan, Pogba and Balotelli. He will be trying his hardest to get Lukaku a big money move or in the short term a massively improved contract. Either way he makes money.

While the agent is somewhat of an issue, the bigger problem I think is that Lukaku wants Champions League now and will have no shortage of suitors able to offer him that. If Lukaku wants to stay at Everton next season his agent can't do anything.

The problem Lukaku might have is that there are probably only about 4 teams that will have Champions League football that could afford him, i.e Real, Barca, Man City and Arsenal. Of those realistically it's between Man City and Real as Barca won't want him and Arsenal won't pay enough. I'm not sure either Real or City would want him this summer.

Chelsea and Man U could obviously afford him but are unlikely to have Champions League next year.

From his point of view City would be interesting.
I imagine it must be incredible to work with a manager like Guardiola.
Not sure if he would play much in Guardiola's tactics, but stil ...

Barring a big showing at the Euros, I reckon he'll end up having to stay beyond the summer. It'd be interesting to see how he'd react to that .

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play a lot at the Euro's. Wilmots prefers almost every other striker.

Plus all the Chinese clubs emerging blinking in to the football light.
Wonder what his response would be to an offer of £15m a year after tax?

He wouldn't go.
Lukaku is mainly interested in being one of the greats in football and winning prices.

Lukaku is by all accounts a complete football nerd. He is also only 22. I don't see any way at this stage he would be attracted by China, even if they did offer him something ridiculous. The football there will still be of a poor level and he wants to play in the Champions League and prove himself as one of the best strikers in the World. That's not going to happen in China.

So true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back