Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku is by all accounts a complete football nerd. He is also only 22. I don't see any way at this stage he would be attracted by China, even if they did offer him something ridiculous. The football there will still be of a poor level and he wants to play in the Champions League and prove himself as one of the best strikers in the World. That's not going to happen in China.

He wouldn't go.
Lukaku is mainly interested in being one of the greats in football and winning prices.

I posted largely in jest but with all these stories & links emerging from China, you just never know.

My gut feeling is that he may give us at least another season especially if the new investors/buyers enable us to complete at a higher market level

When RM says that Lukaku is in a phenomenal moment in his career, or however he cares to put it, he is not overstating the case..for once.
The team has been set up around Lukaku, the player appears happy and must be full of confidence.
With any luck and if avoids injuries and suspension he should score more than 20 league goals this season.
He is only 22 , so what is the rush away from the club. He could stay with us for two more seasons and still be years away from reaching his peak.
I think that as long as he sees progress in the squad he won't rush away.... this summer at least.

Do you think he'll stay in summer if we don't get it this year?

I hope he will, but I can't see it.

I think he'd like to if we really boss the last part of this season/win the FA Cup. From the sounds of his recent interviews that is. But we'd really have to do one or both of those things - sentiment can only go so far in this sort of situation.

I get the feeling that on top of the sentimental side, he'll have been advised that it actually looks very good on the CV to drag a team to a first trophy/champion's league in a very long time, and if we look likely to be able to do that next season then career-wise it could make good sense to stay another year, considering he is SO young and has so much career ahead of him.

Is he first choice for Belgium again or is he still behind Benteke/Origi? A move to PSG, assuming he plays there of course, would boost his profile with the national team as well. He seems passionate about international footy as well.

Can only see him going to another prem team or psg if he leaves, they're the only ones that could afford him outside of the big Spanish 2 but I can't see them being in for him.

Hopefully we can give him a reason to stay over the next few year though

Read that earlier, If you can draw anything from that it doesn't sound to me like a player who has one foot out the door already like most here seem to think, if anything he sounds very much like he expects and wants to be here next season, think maybe too many of us have missed what having a very talented group of young players means in terms of a player maybe wanting to stick around just in case it does suddenly click in place.

Lukaku isn't stupid, he realises that at 23 if he stays another season his value won't diminish one bit, he realises that another season here would see him being the focal point yet again for a team which in all likelihood will improve in creating him chances, and maybe just maybe he thinks that Martinez can turn this current team into one that can challenge for things in the near future - especially with an influx of cash next season from he sky deal and a new owner coming in as well.

I've gone to firmly believing he will still be at us next season now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back