Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair it's not slating Rom to say the penalty miss was crucial.
We were working hard so West Ham were bound to have a period of pressure late on against ten men and it did feel like a huge boost to them when it was missed and the game was over if we'd scored.
Football is weird from psychological point of view and as it was we may have even been under less pressure if we hadn't got the pen in the first place.
It looked like a tired penalty and Rom isn't to blame for us not holding on today but saying the pen was crucial is hardly something to beat Martinez with. What happened to the grey areas?

Those bashing Rom are as bad as Martinez and Jags, who are both blaming this on Rom's pen. Scored one, set one up. Not his fault we conceded. Yeah he should of scored the pen.

*God this team and manager are mentally weak*
I don't think they are as much blaming Rom as saying that missing a penalty swung the momentum of the game and gave the Hammers hope where there wouldn't have been any if it had gone in - which I think Rom himself would agree with.

Bilic said much the same thing "“If they had scored that penalty they would have won the game maybe 3-0 or 4-0,” Bilic admitted."

I don't think they are as much blaming Rom as saying that missing a penalty swung the momentum of the game and gave the Hammers hope where there wouldn't have been any if it had gone in - which I think Rom himself would agree with.

Bilic said much the same thing "“If they had scored that penalty they would have won the game maybe 3-0 or 4-0,” Bilic admitted."
Maybe I'm fuming, but for Everton to release that as a statement on their twitter seemed a bit throw under the bus, kinda carp we'd nail Rodgers for.
It's never Bobby's fault, so as a manager I feel he's a coward, and I'm fed up of watching sublime to ridiculous footy.

Maybe I'm fuming, but for Everton to release that as a statement on their twitter seemed a bit throw under the bus, kinda carp we'd nail Rodgers for.
It's never Bobby's fault, so as a manager I feel he's a coward, and I'm fed up of watching sublime to ridiculous footy.
Tbf it is rare that any manager holds his hand up and says he messed up, more should.

If Martinez had blamed Kev I would have said it was throwing someone under the bus - and strongly disagreed with it regardless of how much I hope Mirallas is getting yelled at in private.

But Rom, my guess is he'll be kicking himself just as hard for his daft penalty and will understand the comment when taken in the full context that Roberto delivered it. Martinez doesn't operate the twitter feed so, much as I can understand your frustration mate, don't think you can lay that one at his door ;)

Tbf it is rare that any manager holds his hand up and says he messed up, more should.

If Martinez had blamed Kev I would have said it was throwing someone under the bus - and strongly disagreed with it regardless of how much I hope Mirallas is getting yelled at in private.

But Rom, my guess is he'll be kicking himself just as hard for his daft penalty and will understand the comment when taken in the full context that Roberto delivered it. Martinez doesn't operate the twitter feed so, much as I can understand your frustration mate, don't think you can lay that one at his door ;)
It's a quote from Martinez, so unless they're being disingenuous, I can :(
Edit: I thought admitting mistakes and taking the blame were signs of good leadership. Maybe I've just blown a fuse with him, and won't be ever be happy with the cheeky Catalan anymore..

It's a quote from Martinez, so unless they're being disingenuous, I can :(
Edit: I thought admitting mistakes and taking the blame were signs of good leadership. Maybe I've just blown a fuse with him, and won't be ever be happy with the cheeky Catalan anymore..
Me too mate, which is why I'd like to see more do it.

But the full quote was “We were the better side, creating chances and nullifying their threat completely.
The penalty, for me, was a big psychological blow. Romelu Lukaku is such a reliable footballer and I think it gave us a bit of a shock. At 3-0, I think the game would have been over - but instead it gave them hope. Then they got a goal from a second phase from a set piece and, all of a sudden, we found it very difficult to be able to do the things we’d done so well in the final minutes."

Can't see much wrong with that myself bar the addition of "wtf was I thinking subbing Lennon, I bloody messed that one right up" being added!

Me too mate, which is why I'd like to see more do it.

But the full quote was “We were the better side, creating chances and nullifying their threat completely.
The penalty, for me, was a big psychological blow. Romelu Lukaku is such a reliable footballer and I think it gave us a bit of a shock. At 3-0, I think the game would have been over - but instead it gave them hope. Then they got a goal from a second phase from a set piece and, all of a sudden, we found it very difficult to be able to do the things we’d done so well in the final minutes."

Can't see much wrong with that myself bar the addition of "wtf was I thinking subbing Lennon, I bloody messed that one right up" being added!

I'd sack him just for that quote to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back