Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi misses penalties all the time. Does that make him less of a player?

Lukaku is the best striker we've had in the decades i've been watching, anybody questioning him really must get no joy from football. Won't be here next season and we will not replace him with anyone near his ability / potential. I hope i'm wrong though.

Boss. Please stay.

I actually think our best chance of keeping him is a marquee managerial appointment. If I was Rom I'd want the manager sacked cause I'd be demoralised seeing what should be matchwinning goals turned into consolations every other week.

What is wrong with it mate, clearly missing something but just don't see it!

For a start, Lukaku is our best player and - up until that point - had been almost unplayable.

Then you have what happened today is what has happened oft times this season and almost always in exactly the same way, the sole difference this time being that Howard wasn't to blame for it. I would have more respect for him if he had came out and said "This is a problem I need to fix" - because he does - but instead he starts talking about how we were fine until they scored; which is true but also ignores the elephant in the room that is us being utterly and repeatedly unable to protect a lead, even a multiple goal lead, and suggests nothing about what he is going to do about it.

It wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying if he was a terrible manager, but he has assembled the best squad we have had in ages.

Terrible penalty, but he was unlucky with the one on one and scored again.

Some of his all round play was outstanding as well.

Good performance in my opinion.

Exceptional player and joined due to Martinez and has said he is excited for next season with us...all these negative quotes about him wanting to leave after he said that a few weeks ago.....

Quite frankly bizarre. The manager signed him and they clearly like each other and Lukaku has bought into the vision. Somehow though a new manager makes him want stay.....when he has already said hes excited for next season.

Mind blowing.

He shouldnt be taking penalties though, not just based on today but Baines 1st choice then i think it should be Barkley...when Bsrkley is there im confident he will score.

Seems like Lukaku never elevates his penalties. Neither do his teammates for that matter. Gives the keeper that extra little advantage.

Seems like Lukaku never elevates his penalties. Neither do his teammates for that matter. Gives the keeper that extra little advantage.
How many penalties have you seen him take? He's taken a grand total of six since joining Everton (of which today's was the first he didn't convert). Is that really enough to make a generalization about how he takes them?

How many penalties have you seen him take? He's taken a grand total of six since joining Everton (of which today's was the first he didn't convert). Is that really enough to make a generalization about how he takes them?

I've seen all of them and I think he's rolled every single one. Baines rolled his too. Except for the panenka Barkley has as well. I'm not having a go, just something I've observed.

....this isn't hindsight for me because I've mentioned a few times on here that I was concerned with his penalty taking. Like others, i recognise how important he is to the team and I like a CF taking penalties but he's 6ft 2in, 15st with a kick like a mule yet he tries to be clever and roll his penalties in. Yesterday was a miss waiting to happen. If I was the manager I would've told him to hit the corners with pace or give them to somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back