Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get why people are saying he will go?

He came out a couple of weeks ago talking about how excited he was even for next season already and playing with our young core.
People are saying it cos he will go.
He wants to be playing at the top and not involved in the bottom reaches of the league

He has an agent who makes things happen now, but I don't think anyone would be pay upwards of £50m for him.

I still think there's a very good chance he'll stay another year. I also suspect that when he does eventually leave, he'll end up appreciating what he had at Everton.

If people won't pay what we value him at, he won't be going. We have no need to sell whatsoever.

So in my eyes that is definitely north of £50m, and probably closer to north of £60m. He's going to have a better than 1 in 2 average over four season in the Premier League, and he's 22 - we're talking not far off Suarez money for him at this point.

No chance will he be sold for anything under 50million. Hopefully things work out with Moshiri and we keep our best assets and add real quality to the squad in the summer

He has an agent who makes things happen now, but I don't think anyone would be pay upwards of £50m for him.

He is 1 of only 2 strikers to score 11 league goals or more for 4 consecutive seasons. He is likely to be the golden boot this season, all at the age of 22. How much would people bid for Kane? Whatever that is, add extra onto it for Lukaku as he has scored more goals over a longer period.

At 22 he could easily be described as a goal machine. People will pay huge money for that. How he gets on at a top club is another question, but his record is worthy of a huge bid. Do you really think people would only be prepared to pay circa what Manchester City paid for Raheem Sterling?

yes they will.

How much is a 20 + goal a season striker worth?

More importantly, one that can do it in a team who are only mid table for the vast majority of the time? 1 in 2 average probably better than anyone else outside of barca/real, is young so has years ahead of him, and the most important thing is he would be keen on signing for whoever can offer him a higher level of football.

He is 1 of only 2 strikers to score 11 league goals or more for 4 consecutive seasons. He is likely to be the golden boot this season, all at the age of 22. How much would people bid for Kane? Whatever that is, add extra onto it for Lukaku as he has scored more goals over a longer period.

At 22 he could easily be described as a goal machine. People will pay huge money for that. How he gets on at a top club is another question, but his record is worthy of a huge bid. Do you really think people would only be prepared to pay circa what Manchester City paid for Raheem Sterling?
I think there's more chance of someone paying that sort of money for Kane, as he has more to his game than Lukaku and scores at a similar rate.

I also believe City would happily take their £50m back if they could. Liverpool had their pants down there.

Honestly, I'm not questioning his goal record or saying he isn't a good player. My point is simply that a club like Everton is a great fit for him, where he's free from the sort of scrutiny he'd come under playing for a side where every defeat leads to an inquest.

The summer will be an interesting one for him. I'm sure my old mate Chico will be ready to vault me on this, but I don't see a team scouting him for as long as I assume you would before parting with mega money, and coming away thinking that he's an upgrade on Lewandowski, Benzema, Suarez, etc.

Rather than all this talk about selling him...

Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread but did anyone notice Adrian was at least 2 yards off his line when Rom struck the peno? I thought that was supposed to be a goalkeeping offence?

yes they will.

How much is a 20 + goal a season striker worth?

More importantly, one that can do it in a team who are only mid table for the vast majority of the time? 1 in 2 average probably better than anyone else outside of barca/real, is young so has years ahead of him, and the most important thing is he would be keen on signing for whoever can offer him a higher level of football.
It's difficult to say. Javier Hernandez scores an awful lot of goals (32 in all competitions this season), but I wouldn't be so sure about spending big on him either.

I could very well be made to look the fool in the summer (again), but I think the type of clubs he's looking at playing for will be inclined to opt for more well rounded footballers.

It's difficult to say. Javier Hernandez scores an awful lot of goals (32 in all competitions this season), but I wouldn't be so sure about spending big on him either.

I could very well be made to look the fool in the summer (again), but I think the type of clubs he's looking at playing for will be inclined to opt for more well rounded footballers.
i mean it is up for debate but personally i think Lukaku is the perfect striker, just missing a little bit of coaching to take advantage of that. I mean scores goals head and foot, holds the ball really well, turn of pace, can drift out wide to support and can drop deep to start attacks. A better coach for him would turn him into a player potentially better than drogba was. But that is solely my opinion.

I think in the grand scheme of things also, you can go for lebondowski / cavani / benzema etc but they are all at competitite clubs. Say Juve or Bayern or any other champ league club are looking for someone, do they go to real and prise one away somehow, or do they go to mid table english club everton and sign a long term investment proven to be a goalscorer?

i mean it is up for debate but personally i think Lukaku is the perfect striker, just missing a little bit of coaching to take advantage of that. I mean scores goals head and foot, holds the ball really well, turn of pace, can drift out wide to support and can drop deep to start attacks. A better coach for him would turn him into a player potentially better than drogba was. But that is solely my opinion.

I think in the grand scheme of things also, you can go for lebondowski / cavani / benzema etc but they are all at competitite clubs. Say Juve or Bayern or any other champ league club are looking for someone, do they go to real and prise one away somehow, or do they go to mid table english club everton and sign a long term investment proven to be a goalscorer?
You're certainly not the only one, and I'm very open to the idea that I'm wrong. I just don't see much in his all round game.

At the prices being quoted, I'd be expecting a player to be coming off a season or two where he's been taking top sides apart on his own, like Suarez, Bale and Torres were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back