Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this day and age of players jumping ship at the nearest opportunity, I think we would have done decent if he stays next season for his 4th year with us.

That should probably earn him a testimonial in modern day football!!

If people won't pay what we value him at, he won't be going. We have no need to sell whatsoever.

So in my eyes that is definitely north of £50m, and probably closer to north of £60m. He's going to have a better than 1 in 2 average over four season in the Premier League, and he's 22 - we're talking not far off Suarez money for him at this point.

just looked up suarez...he was 24 when he joined liverpool and still not at his peak

whats luakaku gonna be like then?!

I think there's more chance of someone paying that sort of money for Kane, as he has more to his game than Lukaku and scores at a similar rate.

I also believe City would happily take their £50m back if they could. Liverpool had their pants down there.

Honestly, I'm not questioning his goal record or saying he isn't a good player. My point is simply that a club like Everton is a great fit for him, where he's free from the sort of scrutiny he'd come under playing for a side where every defeat leads to an inquest.

The summer will be an interesting one for him. I'm sure my old mate Chico will be ready to vault me on this, but I don't see a team scouting him for as long as I assume you would before parting with mega money, and coming away thinking that he's an upgrade on Lewandowski, Benzema, Suarez, etc.

In many ways I agree with you. His first touch and link up play is not very good. However I do think you have to look at the bigger picture of what he can offer you. He is very quick and his general hold up play has improved. For a side looking to break quickly he would be a great fit.

Either way you look at it his goal record stands up. 3 seasons out of 4 passed 15 league goals, the one season he didn't het got 20 goals in all competitions. There's only 1 other striker in the league who can match such a record. People pay big money for goals. Lukaku is still very young and I think a lot of sides will be very interested in him

I think there's more chance of someone paying that sort of money for Kane, as he has more to his game than Lukaku and scores at a similar rate.

I also believe City would happily take their £50m back if they could. Liverpool had their pants down there.

Honestly, I'm not questioning his goal record or saying he isn't a good player. My point is simply that a club like Everton is a great fit for him, where he's free from the sort of scrutiny he'd come under playing for a side where every defeat leads to an inquest.

The summer will be an interesting one for him. I'm sure my old mate Chico will be ready to vault me on this, but I don't see a team scouting him for as long as I assume you would before parting with mega money, and coming away thinking that he's an upgrade on Lewandowski, Benzema, Suarez, etc.

Lukaku is better than Kane. Kane plays with his head down & shoots at almost every given opportunity.
We are analysing our players faults looking for reasons how we can improve if we were winning we wouldn't be bothered. If we all watched Kane week in week out I'm sure we would be able to come up with a multitude of issues with his all round game & as I say a lack of awareness of others around him a tendency to shoot when teammates are in better positions are certainly.

He also is quick but the worlds top strikers have an extra yard he simply doesn't possess

In many ways I agree with you. His first touch and link up play is not very good. However I do think you have to look at the bigger picture of what he can offer you. He is very quick and his general hold up play has improved. For a side looking to break quickly he would be a great fit.

Either way you look at it his goal record stands up. 3 seasons out of 4 passed 15 league goals, the one season he didn't het got 20 goals in all competitions. There's only 1 other striker in the league who can match such a record. People pay big money for goals. Lukaku is still very young and I think a lot of sides will be very interested in him

His goal and assist on Saturday say otherwise mate.

He should still have just blasted that penalty down the middle, like.

Imagine him in the german league or French one for Bayern or PSG. He'd absolutely boss it. He would be the stand out striker bar say, Lewandowski.

His goal and assist on Saturday say otherwise mate.

He should still have just blasted that penalty down the middle, like.

Couldn't agree more here on both fronts.

Still wondering where the Lukaku finger-pointing from the weekend is...? A lot of substitution talk, but no Lukaku-penalty-missing talk. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. But that was the game right there.

Lukaku is better than Kane. Kane plays with his head down & shoots at almost every given opportunity.
We are analysing our players faults looking for reasons how we can improve if we were winning we wouldn't be bothered. If we all watched Kane week in week out I'm sure we would be able to come up with a multitude of issues with his all round game & as I say a lack of awareness of others around him a tendency to shoot when teammates are in better positions are certainly.

He also is quick but the worlds top strikers have an extra yard he simply doesn't possess
I'm surprised you think that about Kane. His holdup play and general ability to bring midfielders into the game have always looked excellent to me.

Kane has gone on record saying he wouldn't leave anytime soon, and I think he will outlast Lukakus stay hear by a good few years. Unfortunately I do imagine him going to Psg.

His first touch and holding the ball up has improved loads recently, hes really starting to look like a complete striker, we will struggle to keep this fella and thats a god damn shame, 1 of the best strikers in Europe and we sit in 12th, unreal.

The truth is, strikers who score as many goals as he does don't generally stay at mid table clubs for very long.

Reactions: Jxg
His first touch and holding the ball up has improved loads recently, hes really starting to look like a complete striker, we will struggle to keep this fella and thats a god damn shame, 1 of the best strikers in Europe and we sit in 12th, unreal.
Any talk of intentionally shedding Lukaku is just silly. Does he have more to learn? Of course - name a young player that doesn't (Stones, Ross, Del).

This is Martinez' challenge - especially with funds available to advance the team - teaching / instilling / impressing on our team as a whole that you never never never ever take the foot off the gas - you keep on pressing - and every sub that comes on the pitch needs feel the same thing.

I'm surprised you think that about Kane. His holdup play and general ability to bring midfielders into the game have always looked excellent to me.
To be fair to Kane he has improved more than any other player I have ever seen. I watched him play for England youth largely to see Barkley & if you told me he would make a professional footballer never mind a premier league player I would of laughed at you.

I just think he shoots almost every time he gets anywhere near the box & often there are better placed teammates. Personally think he wil get found out as time goes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back