Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a stupid comment to make ffs

Despite the difficulties we face in terms of convincing him to stay for another season, to come out with that, was pure defeatism. He should have batted the question away.

It's not like he has "just come out with it" is it? He has probably been asked the question by a journo, what do we want him to do lie?

I know mate.

But I think we should be doing literally everything in our power to keep him (we may well be, like) rather than accept defeat.

Get him on for another year. He's got time he doesn't need his big(ger) move just yet. £150 k/week and a £60mil buy-out clause for summer 2017

I'm sure we've already tried ( or will be ) and Rom doesn't seem like the type of arsehole to disrespect the club but I think Bobby (if in charge come the summer ) will have done very well to get Rom to stay another season with the promise that next season is the one where we make CL.

I know we don't have to sell as well, but when players believe it's time to go that's what tends to happen.

Never say never though, a cup win can do the world of good for the club from top to bottom.

tumblr_inline_ntts8fiMLA1t7jbgi_500.gif

Stones going is fine. Mori is a brilliant centre back and Jagielka has another year or two left in him. We could use the 40m we get for him to get a top replacement / player of great potential in for 10 - 15m.

If Lukaku goes it'll certainly be for 50 million. But he's the best striker in the league, and everybody knows that, we don't need the money and he's under contract for years - 70 or 80 million shouldn't be out of the question.

Get him sold to Real Madrid and get Isco, James and a bit of cash in exchange! :lol:

Stones going is fine. Mori is a brilliant centre back and Jagielka has another year or two left in him. We could use the 40m we get for him to get a top replacement / player of great potential in for 10 - 15m.

If Lukaku goes it'll certainly be for 50 million. But he's the best striker in the league, and everybody knows that, we don't need the money and he's under contract for years - 70 or 80 million shouldn't be out of the question.

Get him sold to Real Madrid and get Isco, James and a bit of cash in exchange! lol

If Lukaku goes, Wayne Rooney comes in. Tugs on the fanbase heart strings, we've been primed for it for about 18 months, plus we'll also get another top forward in for the money.

Dreamland stuff - we buy Rooney, keep Rom, away derby first game of the season, win 7-0 with hat tricks for both and one for Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back