Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ross is here for the long term mate, he will achieve all that he wants to with us imo. He's the one I've never been worried about leaving ( not because he's not good enough ), there's something about him that makes me feel he believes he has a sense of duty to ensure we are successful and he has a chance to make a real name for himself, the type of name we talk about when mentioning Southall, Ratcliffe, Sharp etc proper Everton heroes.
Pretty sure rm said Ross is a blue so simply don't worry

I think Ross is here for the long term mate, he will achieve all that he wants to with us imo. He's the one I've never been worried about leaving ( not because he's not good enough ), there's something about him that makes me feel he believes he has a sense of duty to ensure we are successful and he has a chance to make a real name for himself, the type of name we talk about when mentioning Southall, Ratcliffe, Sharp etc proper Everton heroes.

Same mate, not worried about him leaving at all (this summer).

However, he will only have two years left on his deal come June, and needs to be offered a new one sharpish IMO. Show him we want him to be here for the next five years, and it would also signal intent to the likes of Lukaku and Del etc.

Same mate, not worried about him leaving at all (this summer).

However, he will only have two years left on his deal come June, and needs to be offered a new one sharpish IMO. Show him we want him to be here for the next five years, and it would also signal intent to the likes of Lukaku and Del etc.

Players have done less then he has this year and been offered new deals. Get him signed up to a new one and make sure the core is locked down with one or two additions.

We either have the best young striker in Europe or £70m or so to spend.

That £70m won't replace him but it will enable us to buy 4 or 5 excellent players (a) get a top class goalkeeper (b) long term replacement for Jagielja (c) Long term replacement for Barry (d) decent left sided attacker (e) 2 more strikers.

We either have the best young striker in Europe or £70m or so to spend.

That £70m won't replace him but it will enable us to buy 4 or 5 excellent players (a) get a top class goalkeeper (b) long term replacement for Jagielja (c) Long term replacement for Barry (d) decent left sided attacker (e) 2 more strikers.

Moneyball doesn't work in the Prem though mate.

A) definitely we need a keeper
B) Stones is our long-term successor to Jags. We don't need a replacement unless he goes.
C) We can't replace Barry. There isn't another player like him really. Besic is our best bet of a bit of a hybrid role.
D) Yep. Need a decent playmaker.

If Rom does leave, the money should be used on his replacements.

We have enough money to go out and get a keeper and a playmaker without selling any of our major stars. Kev will be the one to make way for the left-sided winger/playmaker.

So, if Rom did leave, my view would be to go for Rooney plus another striker (probably around the same age-range as Rom - potentially Batshuayi or Lacazette as realistic options).

Can definitely see Ibra going to United btw...

But my point is is the last thing this squad needs is a big turn-around in players and another year of 'transition' (I hate that word)

Yep.

Honestly I'd just do all we can to keep him. Get him and Ross signed up and Stones offered a new deal.

If Stones doesn't accept then we'll sell and get £40mil for him.

Totally agree with this. I'd like this to be the first push we make under the new regime. In the programme notes from the weekend Moshiri makes reference to making funds available for retaining key players and I hope that this will mean we will put serious money on the table for our best players.

Quote on SSN from Rom - "insists he is not thinking about leaving Everton and is focused on maintaining his form." I don't think about that I just want the team to win. Whoever scores we're all happy". "I'm happy to be having a good season and I just want to improve and do even better next year".
Hopefully with us!

Quote on SSN from Rom - "insists he is not thinking about leaving Everton and is focused on maintaining his form." I don't think about that I just want the team to win. Whoever scores we're all happy". "I'm happy to be having a good season and I just want to improve and do even better next year".
Hopefully with us!

Funny how not one media outlet has mentioned him leaving for a good month or 2 (during his mini dip in form).
Now he is back in form again it is all about 'were will you be next season'
The only club i would want to sell him to is leicester, just to piss sky and the 'big 5' off

He's got to be worth at least twice what we paid for him, so £56m+. How many teams could afford that in the FFP age?

Probably Real Madrid, if they decided to upgrade Benzema.
Barca are under tight financial controls and wouldn't break up their South American forward line.
United perhaps?
City have Aguero as their lone striker and too many midfielders to accommodate to switch to 4-4-2.
PSG have Ibrahimovich.
Chelsea could be an option if they unload Costa.
Bayern's record signing is £31.6m and they have Lewandowski.

If we could turn down £40m for Stones pre-Moshiri then it would have to be a crazy offer like £70m to even tempt us. I think we'd probably even turn that down too though and it would be player power that would force a move.

Despite what his agent says he seems settled. Obviously he wants to be playing CL football but he quite possibly wouldn't get that at United or Chelsea next season anyway.

He's probably going to sit tight during the Euros, which gives us a chance to make a statement signing or two. What if we did bring Yarmolenko in or someone even better? He's playing every week for us and his understanding with Barkley and Deulofeu is getting better all the time.

I don't think he'll be in a rush to leave.

Moneyball doesn't work in the Prem though mate.

A) definitely we need a keeper
B) Stones is our long-term successor to Jags. We don't need a replacement unless he goes.
C) We can't replace Barry. There isn't another player like him really. Besic is our best bet of a bit of a hybrid role.
D) Yep. Need a decent playmaker.

If Rom does leave, the money should be used on his replacements.

We have enough money to go out and get a keeper and a playmaker without selling any of our major stars. Kev will be the one to make way for the left-sided winger/playmaker.

So, if Rom did leave, my view would be to go for Rooney plus another striker (probably around the same age-range as Rom - potentially Batshuayi or Lacazette as realistic options).

Can definitely see Ibra going to United btw...

But my point is is the last thing this squad needs is a big turn-around in players and another year of 'transition' (I hate that word)

While I agree we shouldn't go mad with the money, buying Rooney would be a massive step backwards imo

True.

However, he's now scored 45 goals since he signed for us in summer 2014. Likelihood is he could break the 30 mark by May.

We need to get him offered a new deal before the Euros, and put a huge lump on top of his current (£75k p/week) wages.
I think he is an excellent player, but that second sentence just about sums up everything that is wrong with the game today. And yes I know the reason you're saying it

Its been so long since we had a player that could rattle in that amount of goals in a season that you would like to think they would do everything they could to hold onto him.

If he does force a move through then I think most of the figures being thrown around by the belters in the media (£56M) are massively wide of the mark and that given his age and the fact that he is still probably only half the player he may become then we should be insisting on something Bale like in terms of a fee if forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back