Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
playing in the champions league mate to test yourself against the best. Not languishing in the bottom half of the premier league. I hope I'm wrong but I cant see it.

I don't blame people for it but there seems to be a lot of attempts to rationalise wishes he would stay through blue tinted glasses. For me he is the hardest player to replace in our squad, and we'll have done well to keep him, even with Moshiri and the increased TV money.

Other teams can offer as much money and a higher chance of success in a shorter time frame. Rom is not an Evertonian. He has hired Raiola as his agent for a reason. I want him to stay but the odds are against us.

He'll attract big bids this summer - that's a certainty.

Whether he goes or not, will ultimately come down to whether he wants the move or not.

Moshiri starting his reign by somehow convincing the big man to give us another 12 months, with a massive payrise and a buy out clause in his contract should we fail to make the CL next season, would be the ideal start to his tenure.

He'll attract big bids this summer - that's a certainty.

Whether he goes or not, will ultimately come down to whether he wants the move or not.

Moshiri starting his reign by somehow convincing the big man to give us another 12 months, with a massive payrise and a buy out clause in his contract should we fail to make the CL next season, would be the ideal start to his tenure.

if he goes to a club in champs league fair enough, i'd be unhappy if he went to chelsea or utd

I'm not really worried about him going in the summer, if he wants to leave then the fee involved can buy a lot of talent, with new investment now secured, we are on the up, if I was Rom I'd be in no rush to leave, he's young, got great friends in the team, the grass is not always greener.

His agent will be 100% in his ear trying to earn a fat fee from a transfer though.

Yeah that would make a mockery of the desire for CL football being the driver.

Would he really want either of those moves though?

Whatever happens, his contribution given he is still a kid learning his trade, has been immense.
We can go into any match with confidence when he is in the side. Would be a massive statement of intent if he stayed.

I'm not really worried about him going in the summer, if he wants to leave then the fee involved can buy a lot of talent, with new investment now secured, we are on the up, if I was Rom I'd be in no rush to leave, he's young, got great friends in the team, the grass is not always greener.

His agent will be 100% in his ear trying to earn a fat fee from a transfer though.
I'd be very worried about him going. You only have to look at the RS and spurs they sold their best players, bought in 4 or 5 players to replace them and were poorer for it. Also trying to integrate that many players into our side will be difficult, let alone losing our best player.

From my opinion vault:

Dont most players (not all) want to play regularly. Feature for the first team? A lot have been said about Rom leaving but i cannot honestly fathom he would want to goto a team where he is an "also" on the team. Not saying he isnt good enough for the likes of Madrid or Bayern or BVB or Barca...just not really see him go there to further his career based on the coveted playing time.

I think if Romelu leaves then it will be for a pay check only, but I dont really see that from his past expressions and attitude.

..So hang on to your hats kids, this wind in our sails could/should be here for years. Yes years.

You know the kid is smart enough to want to play - you can tell that by listening to him he has his head screwed on.

His agent, however, is quite frankly a different kettle of fish - and thats where he will be getting hocked around for the highest bidder - i really doubt it'd be Lukaku, he doesn't seem the sort in my opinion, but i have no doubt his agent will be seeing whats out there for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back