Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very worried about him going. You only have to look at the RS and spurs they sold their best players, bought in 4 or 5 players to replace them and were poorer for it. Also trying to integrate that many players into our side will be difficult, let alone losing our best player.

I don't want him gone, i want that on record. However if it did happen we MUST NOT do what the RS and spurs done, spend it on quantity rather the quality. Integration and the amount of player coming into a club isn't good.

If they both would have spent £50mill on 2 players instead of 100mil on 6 or 7 it would have been an easier transition.

I hope he doesn't go, i REALLY hope he doesn't go - if he does, quality over quantity.

I'd be more worried about PSG. Ibra will be off at the end of the season and they have the finances to make a 50m+ bid.

That's a good point. I would add them to Bayern and Madrid. CL footy guaranteed, but the drawback is the French League. Not sure it would be big enough for him.

Only because of their new manager. Many of the players bought by the bale money have more limited game time or in soldado's case have left the club.

We'll probably make better transfers. Besides, didn't Lamela and Dembele come out of the Bale money too? They didn't look shrewd at the time but they're doing well now.

One of the big positives in our favour of retaining Lukaku is the clear evidence that the CL "glass ceiling" has well and truly been smashed this year.

Of course, we should have been contenders ourselves but it demonstrates that it's no longer a closed shop. There's no reason why Lukaku cannot fulfil his CL ambitions at Everton.

The final league positions of Leicester, Tottenham and West Ham will all demonstrate that a viable challenge can come from any of perhaps 9 clubs including Everton.
I agree and the other thing that has happened is that clubs no longer have to sell a player if they don't want to. Lukaku has 3 years left on his contract if we don't want to sell him in the summer we don't have. The season after is a different story. I wouldn't be selling him this summer, we've got to give ourselves a chance of getting into the champions league.

In my opinion, Lukaku would only be a realistic target for a handful of clubs. Realistically, Madrid or Bayern could get him, and in England - City or Arsenal. But I don't think Arsenal would be willing to pay that kind of money for him.

Lukaku has repeatedly stated how much ambition he has and how he wants to become one of the worlds best and challenge for honours/play in the CL. He won't get that at Man United or Chelsea so I genuinely think that rules them out. I also don't think he would be in a rush to go back to Chelsea either after them deeming him to not be good enough.

Ronaldo rules the roost at Real. Say that he returned to United then they could be in the market and have an enormous warchest. They seem to prefer speedsters though.

He'd probably be well-suited to Bayern but they are financially-responsible and they'd probably have to more than double their current transfer record.

I think it would raise eyebrows if City spent £50m+ on a single player again but Lukaku and De Bruyne linking up for club and country could be the dream ticket.

I'm not sure if Chelsea would want to spend so much on a player they let go, his relationship with the club and whether we would trade with them given how the Stones saga was handled.

Ronaldo rules the roost at Real. Say that he returned to United then they could be in the market and have an enormous warchest. They seem to prefer speedsters though.

He'd probably be well-suited to Bayern but they are financially-responsible and they'd probably have to more than double their current transfer record.

I think it would raise eyebrows if City spent £50m+ on a single player again but Lukaku and De Bruyne linking up for club and country could be the dream ticket.

I'm not sure if Chelsea would want to spend so much on a player they let go, his relationship with the club and whether we would trade with them given how the Stones saga was handled.

He wouldn't get a game at City anyway. Lukaku's great like, but still a notch below Aguero for the time being.

Still just need to get him offered a new deal ASAP now.

Got to do all we can to get him signed up before the end of the season.

Will probably get slated for this but have Madrid ever brought in a 'galactico' who is black?

Serious question btw, half of what they do is for commercial reasons anyways and they seem to prefer a certain 'profile' on their galactico signings, remember Casillas agent saying certain thigns about the president when he left them to the effect

Will probably get slated for this but have Madrid ever brought in a 'galactico' who is black?

Serious question btw, half of what they do is for commercial reasons anyways and they seem to prefer a certain 'profile' on their galactico signings, remember Casillas agent saying certain thigns about the president when he left them to the effect

if we are defining "galactico" as the time when they where signing the best around - Makelele? Robinho? Marcelo? Julio Baptista? Ronaldo (brazillian)? Anelka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back