Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....the situation is that we don't need to sell, but we didn't need to sell Stones but look how that has turned out. The objective has to be to have a club where talent want to stay. He needs to sign a new contract and if he shows no indication this will happen we need to move him on.

We'll get there in the end, hopefully with Lukalu and Stones.

Maybe it's too early for such statements but it would be good to hear a "he's not for sale" quote from the manager. Surely we hold all the cards with Lukaku - even more than we did the Stones. No need to sell financially and three years left on his contract.

Maybe it's too early for such statements but it would be good to hear a "he's not for sale" quote from the manager. Surely we hold all the cards with Lukaku - even more than we did the Stones. No need to sell financially and three years left on his contract.

Martinez has actually said if he wants away we cant stop him, thats the level of clown he operates at.

Martinez has actually said if he wants away we cant stop him, thats the level of clown he operates at.

I read that quote on here a couple of days ago and then thought someone posted to say he'd been incorrectly quoted. im hoping that's the case because otherwise it's insane. Why put up such a fight for Stones and then roll over for lukaku?

In the quotes he mentions Man U losing Ronaldo as a "sign of the modern game" and mentions "those kinds of money".

I take that as him saying if we are offered silly money and he wants off then you can't do much which is true.

If Chelsea had offered £50m for Stones last summer he would have been off. Or maybe even if they'd offered £40m odd earlier in the window.

Tbh, I'm coming around to Colemole's thinking on this. I do like Lukaku and think he's a very good striker, and he's never short of effort either. But there are games where he controls it farther than I can shoot it, and puts our midfield under a lot of pressure as a result. You can only blame bad service so much, we need him to be able to consistently control the ball in the opposition half to give our attacking players a chance at providing that service.
I agree mate.

Needs to stay at all costs, love this guy, always had faith he would turn out like this and I think he might even get better than anticipated.

Scoring this amount of goals as a 22 year old is amazing and how he has worked on his faults and eradicated them speaks volumes for his attitude and desire.

BEAST

Sadly we've had three seasons of him and unless we win the cup will have achieved Jack all. How long did Liverpool have Suarez? The message is clear, you have to consistently win to keep these calibre of players. Even with a cup win I'd be very surprised to see Lukaku here next season. I even think the signing of Niasse was with that in mind.

The inescapable truth is that world class goal scorers are gold dust, Liverpool and Spurs have used theirs to propel them to title challenges, so far we've used ours to avoid relegation.

I don't think he's ever going to thrive in a system which requires him to play as a lone striker.

Big lazy half arsed beaut.

That sumps up my current feelings on him. If he was half as good as he thinks he is, he'd win the Ballon D'or.

No movement, lacks the intelligence to even attempt to, no anticipation, poor control, poor heading and switches off.

I don't care about his age, bang that drum somewhere else, this is his 4th full season in English football and his 5th overall.

He's got a terrible first touch. I don't think that's the kind of thing that can be taught.

He doesn't jump properly for headers. Maybe that's a courage issue.

He doesn't look fit either, obviously that can be worked on.

But as for finishing, I don't think you can say we don't create chances far him. I don't just mean though balls and one on ones (all strikers should be putting those away). There were a few games last season, league and uefa cup he seriously could and should have scored five on six.

I made a Lukaku Excuse Bingo Card for this thread in my head before the season started. One game in and I'm nearly ready to call full house.

Trampoline shinned weapon.

Get rid of him while we can still get a decent price I say, i said after his loan he does not fit into our system and didn't want him and it looks to be the case.

People might not like it but the only way it's going to work is if he or Martinez leaves because the two styles are contradictory and it makes me doubt Martinez as a tactitian for signing him in the first place.

This year we aren't in the EL so let's see how many domestic goals he gets. Were you satisfied with his 1 in 4 PL strike rate last season? He scored 5 of his 20 in 2 games against Young Boys, looking at his stats per game outside of that makes those 2 particular fixtures look like an anomaly. He is the most overrated Everton player by our own fans.

LADS?? how do you feel now?

Never vaulted before, enjoyed that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back