Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wont have a fan club this time next year, he'll be too busy fighting relegation with Kone up top.

Think the diehard fans of Bobby will not change their opinion even we stay midtable next season. They will find something to praise him no matter how crap the league position is.

No mate. He should be piped right down by the chairman immediately.
" I know you have ambition Rom, as have I. But if you gob off again before the semi or even the final.. You will still be here when your in you mid 20's lad playing against Charlton in our league cup games.. Keep quiet and win us a cup and we will talk in the summer. "

I do agree that he shouldnt have said any of this to the SKY Cameras like.

Keep it private as you say.

A new Manager wont magically make us appear in the 2016/17 Champions League, which is what he's wanting to be doing. He's off, regardless of who the Manager is and regardless of Moshiri being in charge.

Kevin Mirallas spent every international break last season telling the press he wanted Champions League football, only to sign a new contract last summer on an increased wage.

Please don't take the dreaded 'International Break Foreign Footballers Interview Comments' as gospel. There's a long history of them being anything but.

Plus Everton don't have to sell and probably don't want to. And as they showed with Stones (and McCarthy, Mirallas, Baines, Coleman, Barkley and many more), regardless of what the press say, more often than not, they keep their best players.

"I want Champions League football....or a nice big wage rise will do"

When Lukaku is on form he can be unplayable , but there are plenty of days when he looks very ordinary.
The Everton team is built around him but when he goes to a CL club it may not be. Things could go astray for a player quite quickly and he does seem to be a confidence player.

Another couple of seasons at least at Everton would improve him even more as a player.

We don't want to lose him but 60m plus will allow us to buy very talented replacements.

When Lukaku is on form he can be unplayable , but there are plenty of days when he looks very ordinary.
The Everton team is built around him but when he goes to a CL club it may not be. Things could go astray for a player quite quickly and he does seem to be a confidence player.

Another couple of seasons at least at Everton would improve him even more as a player.

We don't want to lose him but 60m plus will allow us to buy very talented replacements.

Probably. But the fact remains that even if we had managed to get top four this year, I don't think he'd be here for more than the next year anyway.

But, we should be able to reasonably expect we can keep him until summer 2017. Now, we can even offer him parity in terms of wages with the money-clubs.

Ultimately though, if Rom thinks he has outgrown Everton/his agent is telling him so, it's going to be very hard.

Lets get this straight - to go to a German club or an Italian one, and assuming we will want 60m for him - which is low end estimate, then the buying club would have to smash their countries transfer record by around about 25m pound, no Bundesliga club has ever paid more than 40m Euros, Italian record is 35.4m pound.

Unless i have missed the fact that it's just the premeirship getting a huge increase in revenue this season - then why the hell does any sane person think that Lukaku to Germany (Bayern or Dortmund, or Italy - Juve or Napoli) is anythign more than a clickbait excerices from the papers

and before the obvious - IF Juve sell Pogba or if Napoli sell Higuain or if Dortumd sell Aubemeyang then thye could afford him, all those clubs have in the past sold players for huge sums without going out and absolutely destroying the countries transfer record which they would need to do in this case.

Makes utterly no sense whatseover and anyone who thinks anyone besides City, United, Chelsea, PSG or the spanish duo could afford him is deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back