Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets get this straight - to go to a German club or an Italian one, and assuming we will want 60m for him - which is low end estimate, then the buying club would have to smash their countries transfer record by around about 25m pound, no Bundesliga club has ever paid more than 40m Euros, Italian record is 35.4m pound.

Unless i have missed the fact that it's just the premeirship getting a huge increase in revenue this season - then why the hell does any sane person think that Lukaku to Germany (Bayern or Dortmund, or Italy - Juve or Napoli) is anythign more than a clickbait excerices from the papers

and before the obvious - IF Juve sell Pogba or if Napoli sell Higuain or if Dortumd sell Aubemeyang then thye could afford him, all those clubs have in the past sold players for huge sums without going out and absolutely destroying the countries transfer record which they would need to do in this case.

Makes utterly no sense whatseover and anyone who thinks anyone besides City, United, Chelsea, PSG or the spanish duo could afford him is deluded.

EXACTLY.

If people spend a few minutes thinking through these clickbait articles, there are a very limited number of clubs who are actually in the CL who could afford him and who are viable moves for him.

He is too good to be playing for this manager, currently.

You could also make a case for: his goals are the only reason we are staying up this season.

IMO - he was always gonna go this summer. It didn't matter if we got CL or not. He has his career mapped and planned and we were always a stepping stone. He has progressed this year into an awesome CF and he has a big career ahead of him.

I don't blame Martinez or Lukaku for this - it was always gonna happen.

Kevin Mirallas spent every international break last season telling the press he wanted Champions League football, only to sign a new contract last summer on an increased wage.

Please don't take the dreaded 'International Break Foreign Footballers Interview Comments' as gospel. There's a long history of them being anything but.

Plus Everton don't have to sell and probably don't want to. And as they showed with Stones (and McCarthy, Mirallas, Baines, Coleman, Barkley and many more), regardless of what the press say, more often than not, they keep their best players.

"I want Champions League football....or a nice big wage rise will do"

Kevin Mirallas isnt good enough to play for the elite, Romelu Lukaku is. Theres a huge difference. You're mental if you think he's staying past this Summer. Unless by some miracle we genuinely get a top bracket manager in the Summer, he isnt staying, regardless of a wage increase or whatever else.

As i said pages and pages, there were feelings round the Club that not even 4th place was good enough to keep the lad. His time at Everton is coming to an end sadly and i hope we replace him with good enough quality.

IMO - he was always gonna go this summer. It didn't matter if we got CL or not. He has his career mapped and planned and we were always a stepping stone. He has progressed this year into an awesome CF and he has a big career ahead of him.

I don't blame Martinez or Lukaku for this - it was always gonna happen.

Sadly this.

Currently, hes just to big for us, like Sewerz was for the vermin, like Bale was for Spurs, we shouldnt feel bad, we should just savour his last 10 games or so and cling on to that last remaining 5% chance he will stay.

Sadly this.

Currently, hes just to big for us, like Sewerz was for the vermin, like Bale was for Spurs, we shouldnt feel bad, we should just savour his last 10 games or so and cling on to that last remaining 5% chance he will stay.

Thing is though Goat, we aren't a charity, we paid 28m for him - sicne then his stock has shot up, we've been taken over by someone with genuine financial muscle and the revenue due to the television deal has gone through the roof, theirs a bloody very short list of clubs who 1. meet the criteria he has in his head for his 'career path' and 2. who can meet the financial demands of pushing a tranefre through

Unless we suddenly change the way we have done every major transfer out the club in recent memory - we will set a very high ceiling and won't be shifted from it in terms of transfer fee, conservatively 60m - could be a lot more realistically, Lukaku's own ambitions are - don't want to be battlling for his place - which rules out certain teams who just won't go with only one recognized big name striker on their books, wants CL footy - that rules out a fair few others, the only two teams i could see him pushing for a move to who and who are able to meet our demands and need him badly would be PSG and United - one will depend if he values CL over playing in a much weaker league - which who knows what he thinks as all he has previously stated is liking the level the prem is at as a challenge etc, and Untied need to qualify for the CL else its moot

Thing is though Goat, we aren't a charity, we paid 28m for him - sicne then his stock has shot up, we've been taken over by someone with genuine financial muscle and the revenue due to the television deal has gone through the roof, theirs a bloody very short list of clubs who 1. meet the criteria he has in his head for his 'career path' and 2. who can meet the financial demands of pushing a tranefre through

Unless we suddenly change the way we have done every major transfer out the club in recent memory - we will set a very high ceiling and won't be shifted from it in terms of transfer fee, conservatively 60m - could be a lot more realistically, Lukaku's own ambitions are - don't want to be battlling for his place - which rules out certain teams who just won't go with only one recognized big name striker on their books, wants CL footy - that rules out a fair few others, the only two teams i could see him pushing for a move to who and who are able to meet our demands and need him badly would be PSG and United - one will depend if he values CL over playing in a much weaker league - which who knows what he thinks as all he has previously stated is liking the level the prem is at as a challenge etc, and Untied need to qualify for the CL else its moot

Thankfully its not my job to find him a club, but I would imagine MOST clubs in the world would be interested in his services.

Yes we hold all the aces with regard to his contract situation, but do you think we will stand in his way if the player expresses a wish to leave. Initially after turning down bids for stones we were 'rewarded' with some fine performances earlier in the season, but for whatever reason stones seemed to lose his focus and now is not even in the side. The same could happen with lukaku if we keep him against his wishes, even though it would be such a wrench to lose such a valuable player to us.
Don't fall for the 'yes but for 50m we could buy good replacements line' You only have to look at United (Ronaldo) and the RS (Suarez) how they have struggled to fill the void left by losing their top scorer and best player.

Thankfully its not my job to find him a club, but I would imagine MOST clubs in the world would be interested in his services.
Obviously but there wouldn't be many that could afford him + attract him with European footy.
With the fee we'd demand you're looking at the top two in Germany + Italy, all of which would have to break national transfer records by a massive amount; Real Madrid and Barcelona, maybe Athletico at a pinch or Sevilla.
PSG.

Then the English clubs, Arsenal, City and or United, with one of those club set to miss out on CL footie with him unlikely to move there otherwise.

You're looking at about 10 clubs realistically, some of which
1. Already have world class strikers e.g. Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, City.
2. already have quality strikers and probably won't want to pay the extra for a slight improvement in Juve, Athletico.

There's a pretty small market for him as I see it, in clubs that can afford him and can offer CL football.

Kevin Mirallas isnt good enough to play for the elite, Romelu Lukaku is. Theres a huge difference. You're mental if you think he's staying past this Summer. Unless by some miracle we genuinely get a top bracket manager in the Summer, he isnt staying, regardless of a wage increase or whatever else.

As i said pages and pages, there were feelings round the Club that not even 4th place was good enough to keep the lad. His time at Everton is coming to an end sadly and i hope we replace him with good enough quality.

People said the same things about Stones not staying, mental or not.

Obviously but there wouldn't be many that could afford him + attract him with European footy.
With the fee we'd demand you're looking at the top two in Germany + Italy, all of which would have to break national transfer records by a massive amount; Real Madrid and Barcelona, maybe Athletico at a pinch or Sevilla.
PSG.

Then the English clubs, Arsenal, City and or United, with one of those club set to miss out on CL footie with him unlikely to move there otherwise.

1. Already have world class strikers e.g. Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, City.
2. already have quality strikers and probably won't want to pay the extra for a slight improvement in Juve, Athletico.

There's a pretty small market for him as I see it, in clubs that can afford him and can offer CL football.

I think most people are over inflating his market value.

He wont be sold for anything above 40m.

Honestly, I firmly believe that.

So many clubs with deep pockets want him, we can't fight them all off. Deliver us a trophy and £50m and I won't begrudge him a move.

PSG.

It would be interesting if he would go to united if they didn't make the top 4, as they are considered the favourites to buy him. It would go against what he has said if he goes there and there is no champions league football next season. Throw in the likelihood that mourinho might be there and he obviously didn't rate him at Chelsea.

Sadly this.

Too big for us? Steady on. He's had a great season, goals wise.

We'd be in the top 4 if we had a half decent manager/defence.

This isn't Rooney carrying a big average side 12 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back