Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was brilliant for most of the year, showed us what a player he is, and has been our best striker for many years.

Doesn't give him the excuse to completely down tools and start sulking because we're [Poor language removed].

You'll get your move but we still pay your extortionate wages every week until then. Nobhead.

Ten games without a goal. Honestly, I can't think of a club that will pay what we'd consider an acceptable sum.

I used to hold him in such high regard; not so much now.
Yes, Martinez's managerial ineptitude has played large part in events, but Lukaku's demeanour, his sullenness, his lack of effort, has disappointed me massively.

Tbf remember every time the Goodison park crowd groaned or booed because forward passes weren't being made, Rom is standing up front looking for avenues and space and the ball never comes.
He singled handedly changed the Chelsea quarter final by taking a weak ball in to the left channel and skinning 3 or 4 people. Maybe he's just mentally worn out. Our tactics haven't played to his strengths in months.
If after twenty-odd goals he doesn't get a clean slate next season then we're looking for 20 new players I'm afraid.

Tbf remember every time the Goodison park crowd groaned or booed because forward passes weren't being made, Rom is standing up front looking for avenues and space and the ball never comes.
He singled handedly changed the Chelsea quarter final by taking a weak ball in to the left channel and skinning 3 or 4 people. Maybe he's just mentally worn out. Our tactics haven't played to his strengths in months.
If after twenty-odd goals he doesn't get a clean slate next season then we're looking for 20 new players I'm afraid.
He'll be great at Man Utd next season.

You used to be able to count on him to think he was boss because he could bully the dregs of the league, but even basic can crushing looks beyond him now.

I will enjoy the face on him when he's sat on a bench in France next month.

You used to be able to count on him to think he was boss because he could bully the dregs of the league, but even basic can crushing looks beyond him now.

I will enjoy the face on him when he's sat on a bench in France next month.
He is making Big Vic look world class at the moment, I would be happy if he never wore the blue shirt again,one lazy,over rated, gob [Poor language removed]

The slow possession game just doesn't suit him what so ever. He's at his best in games like Chelsea Fa cup tie, we played quick pressing football and he could run at their back line to devestating effect.

The slow possession game just doesn't suit him what so ever. He's at his best in games like Chelsea Fa cup tie, we played quick pressing football and he could run at their back line to devestating effect.
That's true for most of our squad though, Barkley, Del, Lennon, Mirallas are all at their best then, even Stones, Baines etc.

As much as he's banged them in since he arrived I've never been convinced by his overall ability - would take £65m if offered for sure. Doesn't suit our team and his playstyle doesn't suit his body. Shape says he prefers coming deep and charging at defending; surely if he embraced his target man physique he'd get a lot more goals in the box with some decent crossers.

As much as he's banged them in since he arrived I've never been convinced by his overall ability - would take £65m if offered for sure. Doesn't suit our team and his playstyle doesn't suit his body. Shape says he prefers coming deep and charging at defending; surely if he embraced his target man physique he'd get a lot more goals in the box with some decent crossers.
He can do that though, his first game vs West Ham for instance, where he scored from a Coleman(?) cross and got a concussion for his work. We just don't attack quickly enough for that anymore.

He can do that though, his first game vs West Ham for instance, where he scored from a Coleman(?) cross and got a concussion for his work. We just don't attack quickly enough for that anymore.

He can but he generally doesn't. The dude is a man mountain and I rarely see him proper bully a defender which always surprises me. He needs to watch Drogba online more.

Love how two months ago he was the player we had to keep at all costs and now fans are just like yeh sound sell him m8 he's tosh really.

He's been awful for the last few weeks (well, since the start of April). If we can hold onto him though I'll be chuffed. If not I suppose we'll get a huge fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back