Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet when he feels like it he looks like a world beater. Strange.

You can see why mourinho let him go.
Mourinho let him go because at the time he wasn't good enough to get in the Chelsea team, and Costa was coming in.

Mourinho would snap him up now given the opportunity.

He's been dreadful lately, but they all have. Combination of clearly protecting himself for the euros now we have nothing to play for, and the fact that the players quite obviously want the manager gone.

Dream scenario is Martinez goes ASAP, new big name manager comes in. Tells Rom he's staying...buckle down and either push us to Europe, or deserve his move to a CL team.

Exactly what I have just said to a work colleague. He sees us a stepping stone, so lets use him as a stepping stone financially for Everton. He doesn't leave until either his contract expires or we get a £65m bid. If he wants out then he gets told to stay for the rest of his contract (3 years left?) and he can leave then or he proves he is of that calibre and he can go when that bid comes in.
I was all for getting rid of him, Barkley and Stones a couple of weeks ago, but why the hell should we at a reduced cost to their ability because they cba anymore. I'd still get rid of Barkley as he's not good enough, but the other 2 actually should be worth persevering with.

can see arsenal going for him - champs league, deffo need a striker, Welbeck out for 9 months, have money

Has stunk the place out since the last international break and his "Champions League" comments, think its a pretty good indication of what the whole mood must be around Finch Farm and the dressing room! Having said that if he reckons he's a Champions League player you'd have thought by now he'd be able to head a ball, and control it without it bouncing off and away from him! If we get £50m for him we'll be doing well!

He's 22, scored 25 goals domestically this campaign and has 8 assists I think in all.

He's also scored a fair few for Belgium and will be their starter at the Euros.

£50mil is the minimum...

I wouldn't say world beater, his finishing is his strong point, without it he's average. Mourinho was right to sell at the time and for the price.
He thinks he's better than he is and his attitude and professionalism is appalling IMO.
I've missed about 7 games this season and if he was a great finisher he'd have scored about 40 goals this season ...No where near a world class player no where near.I'd be happy for him to go no worries about replacing him.

Mourinho let him go because at the time he wasn't good enough to get in the Chelsea team, and Costa was coming in.

Mourinho would snap him up now given the opportunity.

He's been dreadful lately, but they all have. Combination of clearly protecting himself for the euros now we have nothing to play for, and the fact that the players quite obviously want the manager gone.

All about opinions. I'd say mourinho let him go cos he's quite clearly not good enough for a top quality manager and team myself.
His touch is still terrible. His attitude still stinks.

Top quality players win you crucial games at crucial times. Consistently.

Not when they can be bothered.

When he's up against centre backs he can't knock around his lack of pace over the first five yards makes him look quite limited.And for a big man he's poor in the air especially with his back to goal.I know on the face of it his goals will be hard to replace,but if we spend on a more creative midfield who get the ball forward quicker,the goals will be more evenly shared throughout the team.Which is a much healthier position to be in.

If I was Romelu I would not be assuming the club will let him go this summer. We are in a fragile state and he could be the difference between staying up and not next year. Unlike silly old villa we do not have to sell our top scorer once a certain price is reached

The echo are reporting that Henen has tweeted about Lukaku possibly leaving!

12:12TWEET
Henen's cryptic Lukaku tweet
This translates as: Big brother, Happy birthday! I wish you the best for your future you’re going to leave a very large.

A dodgy internet translation, granted, but this doesn’t sound too good.

The echo are reporting that Henen has tweeted about Lukaku possibly leaving!

12:12TWEET
Henen's cryptic Lukaku tweet
This translates as: Big brother, Happy birthday! I wish you the best for your future you’re going to leave a very large.

A dodgy internet translation, granted, but this doesn’t sound too good.

Smooth moves Henen. Club will be chuffed with that I'm sure...

But we all know he's going. And to be honest, I get less and less bothered by the day. It's hard to enjoy players who don't want to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back