Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how two months ago he was the player we had to keep at all costs and now fans are just like yeh sound sell him m8 he's tosh really.

He's been awful for the last few weeks (well, since the start of April). If we can hold onto him though I'll be chuffed. If not I suppose we'll get a huge fee.

Everton fans have always been protective revisionists!

He's been woeful of late but it seems to be a case of him not being bothered anymore. Which is in its own right very poor professionalism, but it doesn't suddenly mean the player who bagged 25 and improved his game immensely this year isn't there anymore. He'll be back to his best next season... For PSG.

As much as he's banged them in since he arrived I've never been convinced by his overall ability - would take £65m if offered for sure. Doesn't suit our team and his playstyle doesn't suit his body. Shape says he prefers coming deep and charging at defending; surely if he embraced his target man physique he'd get a lot more goals in the box with some decent crossers.
:lol: Very generous.

Everton fans have always been protective revisionists!

He's been woeful of late but it seems to be a case of him not being bothered anymore. Which is in its own right very poor professionalism, but it doesn't suddenly mean the player who bagged 25 and improved his game immensely this year isn't there anymore. He'll be back to his best next season... For PSG.

I have called PSG for months....ITK sourced me lid!

Younes Kaboul looked like Franco Baresi against him last night. It's a recurring theme, every bog standard defender looks a world beater against Lukaku. Why? Because he doesn't apply himself and his quality on the ball is woeful. 6'3, 190lbs. He should be destroying teams single handed. His lack of effort is astonishing. His lack of control is nightmarish.
The next Drogba? Come back down to earth please.

I'd prefer he went and we took our chances with another quality forward. His attitude has been terrible this season and he hasn't hidden his frustration at all the other players. Sure, all the players have underperformed recently but he is consistently having a go at others even when he's made a mistake. For example when he held onto the ball last night instead of putting Lennon clean through.

As much as he's banged them in since he arrived I've never been convinced by his overall ability - would take £65m if offered for sure. Doesn't suit our team and his playstyle doesn't suit his body. Shape says he prefers coming deep and charging at defending; surely if he embraced his target man physique he'd get a lot more goals in the box with some decent crossers.

I've never seen a player so poor at using his physique. He's a unit, but prefers to play like a Sturridge type. Very strange.

Younes Kaboul looked like Franco Baresi against him last night. It's a recurring theme, every bog standard defender looks a world beater against Lukaku. Why? Because he doesn't apply himself and his quality on the ball is woeful. 6'3, 190lbs. He should be destroying teams single handed. His lack of effort is astonishing. His lack of control is nightmarish.

he's 22.

Drogba didn't get a professional contract until he was 23...

I'd prefer he went and we took our chances with another quality forward. His attitude has been terrible this season and he hasn't hidden his frustration at all the other players. Sure, all the players have underperformed recently but he is consistently having a go at others even when he's made a mistake. For example when he held onto the ball last night instead of putting Lennon clean through.

As a team though, it's just all not clicking.

Rom played no different last night to how he's played a lot this season, but when it doesn't click then the little things don't come off and it all just breaks down.

He's been poor of late, very poor.

Still the best striker we've had at the club in donkey's years though, and he'd get into most sides in the league.

The slow possession game just doesn't suit him what so ever. He's at his best in games like Chelsea Fa cup tie, we played quick pressing football and he could run at their back line to devestating effect.

Wouldn't matter what kind of football we play, he's just not arsed anymore. Will be off in the summer.

As a team though, it's just all not clicking.

Rom played no different last night to how he's played a lot this season, but when it doesn't click then the little things don't come off and it all just breaks down.

He's been poor of late, very poor.

Still the best striker we've had at the club in donkey's years though, and he'd get into most sides in the league.
His quality isn't in question for me. It's his attitude to all the other players. He blames everyone else even when he's made the mistake.

And yet when he feels like it he looks like a world beater. Strange.

You can see why mourinho let him go.

Has stunk the place out since the last international break and his "Champions League" comments, think its a pretty good indication of what the whole mood must be around Finch Farm and the dressing room! Having said that if he reckons he's a Champions League player you'd have thought by now he'd be able to head a ball, and control it without it bouncing off and away from him! If we get £50m for him we'll be doing well!

And yet when he feels like it he looks like a world beater. Strange.

You can see why mourinho let him go.
I wouldn't say world beater, his finishing is his strong point, without it he's average. Mourinho was right to sell at the time and for the price.
He thinks he's better than he is and his attitude and professionalism is appalling IMO.

I'm completely stuck with my thoughts on Rom.

1 side of me is saying...well who else (apart from Barry) is actually playing well? The whole team are giving up and sulking.

The other side of me is furious with his attitude, he's downed tools. But then if you was putting up with the same crap off your boss every week, i imagine your motivation would go too.

Dream scenario is Martinez goes ASAP, new big name manager comes in. Tells Rom he's staying...buckle down and either push us to Europe, or deserve his move to a CL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back