Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was Romelu I would not be assuming the club will let him go this summer. We are in a fragile state and he could be the difference between staying up and not next year. Unlike silly old villa we do not have to sell our top scorer once a certain price is reached
Problem is he's shown that when he isn't bothered anymore the goals dry up.

Just came off Twitter to see Henen state that Romelu will leave a big void in the club.

Ordinarily, I feel sad about his imminent departure.

Rarely does our club posses such a talent.

Great potential, but I feel that if he goes to a bigger club he'd be wasted.

Ever since his agent talked about him leaving, he has been really poor for us.

Many have pointed out his lackluster performances since Christmas.

Even the biggest of fans can see that his mind is elsewhere.

No denying the fact that the club can't meet his high ambitions.

Doesn't necessarily mean that he'll do well at other clubs though!

Everton have a history of getting the best of out of players, and as we often see - the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Sad to see him go, if that's the case.

I remember when he first signed, a real sign of intent from the new manager.

Sad to see that this is the case now.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that we expected this.

The writing is pretty much on the wall.

Wanting more from the club that has ultimately failed to match the ambitions of its players.

At the end of the day, he's given us some magical memories.

This is not the end. This is the beginning, for both player and club.

Rom needs re-motivating and that's the job of the new manager, to effectively coach, mentor and cajole the best out of him.
He's going nowhere if we get the right manager !!

I genuinely think he will not leave in the summer and will start next season with us.

I agree. I think he will sign an improved contract that will probably have a reasonable release fee in it. Bit like suarez did across the park.

I'm not convinced anyone will be interested enough to pay the price we'll want given how poor he has been since March. I think stones is in the same position.

Time will tell but I'm not as sure as many others seem that he is going. He has 3 years on his contract and we have shown we will stand firm in the past.

Will be an interesting one.

Not sure that is a decent translation - my colloquial French is well out-of-date and it would be better read by a native speaker. But Kristian Walsh - probably partially blinded by blubbering over a picture of Klopp - has missed out the 'faire' and just translated 'partir'

"Tu vas partir" (you are going to leave) may have a very different implication from "tu vas faire partir something or other" (you are going to cause something to leave). In this case, possibly slang for blowing kisses? Like I said, I would wait until someone who speaks decent colloquial French can translate it.

Not sure that is a decent translation - my colloquial French is well out-of-date and it would be better read by a native speaker. But Kristian Walsh - probably partially blinded by blubbering over a picture of Klopp - has missed out the 'faire' and just translated 'partir'

"Tu vas partir" (you are going to leave) may have a very different implication from "tu vas faire partir something or other" (you are going to cause something to leave). In this case, possibly slang for blowing kisses? Like I said, I would wait until someone who speaks decent colloquial French can translate it.

It says tu vas faire partir des tres grands but I wonder if partir is a typo and it should say partie? If it says partie instead then that would translate to in the future you are going to join the greats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back