Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has made it clear he wants to be playing in the CL now. What is a CL team that isn't playing in the CL?
I agree but if he goes to United the United friendly press will dress it up as his chances of qualifying for champions league being massively increased ambitious move etc which historically is true but still for me it will be hollow &
I wouldn't allow him to leave unless it was for a champions league team

What is it with the fathers of Belgian Footballers, we had all this with Felliani.
Lukaku is not a patch on Rashford. Who would you want in your team?

Lukaku by a mile, yeah Rashford has done well at the end, while Lukaku was stuck in a side who had long since stopped in bothering, ok he had a mare at Wembley, but Lukaku is right now still way ahead of Rashford.

I agree but if he goes to United the United friendly press will dress it up as his chances of qualifying for champions league being massively increased ambitious move etc which historically is true but still for me it will be hollow

I've been saying it for months. We sell to Man Utd then we have no backbone. And that's even if they were a CL team!
I am over being their feeder club for our best players and in return getting their dross.

I wouldn't allow him to leave unless it was for a champions league team

And not in England ...

What is it with the fathers of Belgian Footballers, we had all this with Felliani.

Lukaku by a mile, yeah Rashford has done well at the end, while Lukaku was stuck in a side who had long since stopped in bothering, ok he had a mare at Wembley, but Lukaku is right now still way ahead of Rashford.
Come back in a couple of years if Rashford keeps going. Far better finisher for me. And good on the ball.

Seeing as how apparently wham had a 30m bid rejected for Lacazette are people still wanting him as a replacement if it means using over half the Lukaku money? (If Lukaku goes at all which is virtually guaranteed but there's always a chance he gets convinced by Moshiri's vision/the new manager.)

I would take £40m. But get him sold to the highest bigger as soon as. He is not the player we should be building our team around. With out new lads from the u21s, kev and Del Boy the ball will be moving so fast rom's head would be spinning and he will be stood there picking his arse. Forget playing with an out and out striker. Play with 3 or 4 attacking mids going up together. Each bagging 10-15 next season keep a look out for the next payet or marhez. Will be the way forward.

Really dont think Lukaku is half the footballer. Think Rashford contributes far more. Unfortunately not for us. Anyway our young players look ace and who needs a sulking git like Lukaku.

CL footie is just an excuse to leave, one of the teams his dad keeps mentioning is United and they aren't in the champions league - no, the truth is his agent wants to push through a big money move and right now whilst Rom's value is as high as it's ever been. The agent has clearly briefed his client to say certain things on int breaks, has got his old man making statements on his behalf, all to alert the big boys that Lukaku is ready to move on. The arrogance of it is what annoys me most. It's almost like Everton football have no say in whether they sell the player or not. I Like Rom, at times he single handedly won us games and probably prevented a relegation scrap and if he leaves I wouldn't hold a grudge, he's earned the right to try and play the highest level but I think the way the Lukaku camp is pushing for a move is just a bit classless and disrespectful to the club that pays his wages each and every week regardless of whether he's playing boss or not and who had enough faith in him to pay so much money when most media thought it a massive risk. I mean FFs the season ended 2 days ago, there's a major tournament about to kick off and we're managerless, trying to completely restructure the club. Surely all these statements from daddy could have waited a few weeks?

Lukaku is not a patch on Rashford. Who would you want in your team?
Ideally both.

Rashford looks good so far but Rom has consistently scored goals every season for the past four with few injuries and little rest and oftentimes without the team playing to his strengths.

I appreciate he wants to leave and always though it would be this summer we'd lose him but I for one will be sad to see him go.

Best striker we've had since Lineker and even with money doubt he'll be easily replaced.

Reactions: DRM
Ideally both.

Rashford looks good so far but Rom has consistently scored goals every season for the past four with few injuries and little rest and oftentimes without the team playing to his strengths.

I appreciate he wants to leave and always though it would be this summer we'd lose him but I for one will be sad to see him go.

Best striker we've had since Lineker and even with money doubt he'll be easily replaced.
Think there wont be a problem replacing him for the fee we will receive.
But I think we would look for players to share the goals around the team rather than relying on Rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back