Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG would give him the experience he wants in the Champions league whilst him still being the first choice striker, a role that few other comparable clubs would give him. A couple of years there and a good World Cup could get a step up to Real Madrid if he continues progressing.

Fwiw think Chelsea will also bid, Nike just gave them a huge sponsorship deal and gossip is that Costa isn't happy in England.
60 million quid a year !!!!!!!!!! a record (for 10 years???...that bit has not been divulged)
And I agree, I feel very certain Chelsea will bid for Lukaku...and he will go (excepting some momentous EFC manager appointment is made)

PSG would give him the experience he wants in the Champions league whilst him still being the first choice striker, a role that few other comparable clubs would give him. A couple of years there and a good World Cup could get a step up to Real Madrid if he continues progressing.

Fwiw think Chelsea will also bid, Nike just gave them a huge sponsorship deal and gossip is that Costa isn't happy in England.

I agree; I just find it all quite cynical. I don't think it's a move a player makes if he genuinely believes he's world class: I think it's careerism. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it gives an impression of a character.

He's a good player but, if I'm honest, I think he's a level below the quality he thinks he is and might always be. If he finds a coach he has an affinity with and buys into an idea he can be great - and I'd love that to be at Everton - but he's nowhere close to the finished article it seems his entourage are telling him he is.

BiggyRats Dad: I think Biggy needs to post on a bigger forum to show his true class. He's still young but his ambition is to one day work for Twitter as a social media commentator. He won't get that at GOT.

Biggy: I'm ready to post on sites like Toffeeweb or NSNO, the big league of fan forums. One day, hopefully soon, I'll realise my dream.

Biggys Agent: Well, of course we're looking to move Biggy. He needs the larger exposure of a bigger fan forum. He wants Twitter and we're doing all we can to get him there next season

Biggys Neighbour: I hear him tapping away late at night. Clearly he has ambition and I think he's being held back at GoT...

I agree; I just find it all quite cynical. I don't think it's a move a player makes if he genuinely believes he's world class: I think it's careerism. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it gives an impression of a character.

He's a good player but, if I'm honest, I think he's a level below the quality he thinks he is and might always be. If he finds a coach he has an affinity with and buys into an idea he can be great - and I'd love that to be at Everton - but he's nowhere close to the finished article it seems his entourage are telling him he is.
Can understand where you are coming from but I interpret it slightly differently.

I don't think he believes himself world class currently but knows that to achieve that level, and desirable to the Real Madrids of the world, he needs to prove himself playing European football of some kind - preferably CL but Europa at least. PSG have been making great efforts to go further in the CL and their weak domestic league makes that far easier as they can rest players prior to the important games and put their full concentration on the competition.

He is also the type of player that likes to play regularly - not only does he not seem that interested in picking up a paycheck to sit on a bench but he probably recognises it is the only way that he'll improve some of his weakness. If he has any sense he'll also have looked at a player like Bony, who looked so good playing regularly for Swansea but unfit and rusty at City, and only move for a club that will be able to give him a decent amount of game-time rather than him having to oust already established senior strikers.

Probably going to be hung out to dry on this, but I have never seen RL as an EFC player, scored lots of goals, played ok when he scored the goals, but I do actually think he is a bit of a mercenary, building himself into something, at WB he was suggesting a bigger move, now at EFC he is expecting a bigger move. loved him scoring, not personally bothered with him leaving TBH

"but agents have the last word most of the time. I hope & I think Mino Raiola is a honest man" - Lukaku Senior

If Rom is under contract, why does the agent have any say? If the agent is an honest man how about saying to his client "you agreed to play for X years at Y compensation, honour your agreement".

No use keeping .

I wish everton would not buy players from belgium ,the so called champions league players ,get players who wants to play for the club .

not strolling around pointing his hands everywhere and getting pissed if hes not the one to score.

With Ibrahimovic leaving PSG makes the best choice imo. Don't think with Jose at Man Utd he'll be keen on Lukaku given how he likes every player to work hard off the ball and help. That isn't Lukaku's game. I still hope if we get some manager of high calibre he might be able to persuade him to stay on. How many years does he have on his deal at Eveton?

He might well go to PSG, he will score lots of goals because the French league is like the Scottish league, he will play in the CL, and he will get knocked out in the quarter finals each year. Good luck to him, 65m thanks very much cos we can be 2 top class strikers with that

23 year old proved Premier League striker and we are happy to let him go for a fee cause his dad wants him to go.

Behave!

We have more money in the club then ever, an ambitious chairman, new stadium rumoured, a core of some of Europe's most talented youngsters plus a new manager to come in.

Sorry Rom's dad but your boy is going nowhere! It's called a contract for a reason. IF we decided to get rid, we will but for now let your son go the Euros, distract yourself that he is better then he is, let him come back after scoring nowt then tell me some has bid £65m.

Deluded Dad who wants a slice of cash. I say we sign his brother just to mess him up!

Honestly if anyone is mad enough to pay £65 million i would drive him there myself.

I've always liked Rom and always said what Martinez was doing with him simply didn't suit his game and yet he's still scored the goals majority of the time, however a £65 million player he certainly is not. For me personally the excitement around him is still the potential ability of him under the right manager and system but realistically he could be replaced for half of that fee at most, his hold up play has been generally poor, considering his size he still struggles to play with his back to goal when defenders go tight. He is on a serious dry patch in front of goal and throughout his career so far has completely failed to turn up on the big occasions.

The best part about him switching to Mino Raiola is that if there was ever an agent to get ridiculous prices for his players look no further.

His dads a tool. If he wants out then he can go, if they pay the price. He thinks he's better than he is, if he wants to win stuff and compete at the top level he needs to score his one on ones and not miss penalties when the pressure is on. Biggest game of his season in the semi and his finishing went to pot. Proper bottled it. Like his dad said, he couldn't handle Italy. Go somewhere easy lad, that's the way to improve yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back