Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love Rom to stay and be a part of this exciting new chapter but I just get the feeling his head has completely gone and there's nothing that's gonna sway him back now.

Think there wont be a problem replacing him for the fee we will receive.
But I think we would look for players to share the goals around the team rather than relying on Rom.
Disagree, think he has a rare ability as goals like this highlighted

Also believe his good injury record is almost equally valuable - in many ways Sturridge is a superior striker but counts for nothing when you can't get on the pitch.

But do agree that we should perhaps look to share the goals around although a good striker (like a good goalkeeper) can make the difference between a good team and a great one.

Just accept hes off and it'll be less pain.

Also to suggest a kid who's had a good breakthrough at United is better than someone who's hit 60 league goals in 141 league appearances is absolutely nonsense.

We're already turning him into our Judas hey.

Its pathetic, when we got him on loan it was widely accepted to enjoy him while we have him because we will never be able to afford or get him to sign, then we did, he has gone onto score well for us and now we moaning about him because of some comments in the press. I thought we were use to the media saying our players are "off" every window, seems some have forgotted what the summer is like for Evertonians.

PSG is my bet but it is a pretty short list of clubs that can both afford our price and be attractive to Rom.

I suppose that would fit in with his dad's "we don't want to play against good defenders" comment. To go to a richer club in a lesser league is basically the antithesis of the ambition Lukaku publicly claims to have.

If he was up for it every week instead of thinking he's better than his current circumstance I'd have no doubt that Real would come calling. He's a good player but there's a reason he's not there yet.

I suppose that would fit in with his dad's "we don't want to play against good defenders" comment. To go to a richer club in a lesser league is basically the antithesis of the ambition Lukaku publicly claims to have.

If he was up for it every week instead of thinking he's better than his current circumstance I'd have no doubt that Real would come calling. He's a good player but there's a reason he's not there yet.
PSG would give him the experience he wants in the Champions league whilst him still being the first choice striker, a role that few other comparable clubs would give him. A couple of years there and a good World Cup could get a step up to Real Madrid if he continues progressing.

Fwiw think Chelsea will also bid, Nike just gave them a huge sponsorship deal and gossip is that Costa isn't happy in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back