Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly not kidding myself.
Have stated it a few times, that unless he actually submits a formal transfer request which would in all probability be turned down, I fully expect him to be here next season.

What do you recon with this latest revelation mate? Still gonna be here next season?

He might well go to PSG, he will score lots of goals because the French league is like the Scottish league, he will play in the CL, and he will get knocked out in the quarter finals each year. Good luck to him, 65m thanks very much cos we can be 2 top class strikers with that

Thing is, we may have the money, but being able to attract two proven goalscorers (or, more precisely, proven Prem goalscorers) without European football is going to be extremely difficult.

This season we have seen both sides of Rom. Up till Feb he was incredible and quite rightly being valued at 60+ million. since Feb, with the exception of Chelsea in the cup he has been sluggish and, i think, unsettled. Whether this was down to the manager, his agent or just him holding back for the Euro's who knows but he's had chances to at least match Kane's goal tally but he's just tailed off and stuttered over the finish line. If he goes (and it's still the club who'll decide this, not him, his agent or his father) then we will carry on! we have lost better players and come out of it better and i'm far more confident of replacing him now with Moshiri here and hopefully a top class manager coming in than i would have been with BK and Martinez. That said when the 'Special One' rocks up at Finch Farm I'm sure he'll put Rom and his old fella in there place :D

As for this price of 65m floating about, yes that's probably more than he's worth based on recent form but his goals have kept us away from a relegation battle this season so to us he's well worth that and some!

Sad that he's going to go, like above, not sure who you find to replace 25 goals a season with but we will have to. Rom's been fed up all season you can see it in his actions and his gesticulations. We need a Jamie Vardy plucked from the lower leagues.

He might well go to PSG, he will score lots of goals because the French league is like the Scottish league, he will play in the CL, and he will get knocked out in the quarter finals each year. Good luck to him, 65m thanks very much cos we can be 2 top class strikers with that

Meanwhile under Mr Moshiri and our new manager, in a couple of years time, we qualify for CL - knock out PSG in the quarter final and move on with our two hard working new top class strikers! As the saying goes "careful how you treat people on the way up, because you may well meet them again on the way down"! We can but hope!

This is my concern and it's worrying. Sound, we can prob pay transfer fees and a decent wage now but...well, pains me to say it, but there's not THAT much appeal to come here is there? That may well change depending on the management appointment like - (which is why it's vital that's boxed ASAP) - but to the outsider we finished 11th, have no manager and the better players are making noises to off...and who do you bring in to replace him anyway?

Imagine, billionaire owner, start season with KONE & NIASSE....stuff of nightmares that.

The MOSH's sales pitch needs to be spot on in the coming weeks, right across the board, that's fo dammmmmn sures....

Spot on mate.

It's a bit like the whole Koeman thing.

Evertonians ultimately overestimating our appeal as a club currently.

Let's say Rom goes and we get £50mil. I'd say it's probably realistic.

Some say 'that's enough to get two class strikers'. Well, yes, that's true. However, can we 'attract' two class strikers who are proven?

The PL is a completely different kettle of fish compared to Europe.

Soldado, for example, was a 25-goal per-season striker at Valencia, yet he flopped at Spurs.

So, we'd have to get it spot on.

Somebody like Lacazette I think could very well come straight into the league and score goals, but then I think it's a balancing act of who we got in alongside him (or a player like that).

We're not going to be going and signing anybody who is at a 'big' CL club, realistically. Batshuayi is another one who is definitely leaving Marseille this summer and should have what it takes to make it at this level.

Interesting read on thos two here:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...hy-batshuayi-who-your-club-should-sign-summer

I can't personally think of anyone in Spain or Portugal (bar the obvious ones) that would definitely be a good replacement. Bakambu from Villarreal has had a good season but still would be a gamble and looked a but Niasse against the RS.

Meanwhile under Mr Moshiri and our new manager, in a couple of years time, we qualify for CL - knock out PSG in the quarter final and move on with our two hard working new top class strikers! As the saying goes "careful how you treat people on the way up, because you may well meet them again on the way down"! We can but hope!
All this Champions League talk is nonsense too. His agent and father have both mention Man United like 3 times. I'm certain the agent is pulling the strings and trying to force a big money move whilst Rom's stock is so high and if United are willing the pay the most he'll convince Rom that's the place to go. In his dad's interview he does almost question the agent and says something a long the lines of 'in the end his agent has the final say and i hope he's an honest/good man'

Spot on mate.

It's a bit like the whole Koeman thing.

Evertonians ultimately overestimating our appeal as a club currently.

Let's say Rom goes and we get £50mil. I'd say it's probably realistic.

Some say 'that's enough to get two class strikers'. Well, yes, that's true. However, can we 'attract' two class strikers who are proven?

The PL is a completely different kettle of fish compared to Europe.

Soldado, for example, was a 25-goal per-season striker at Valencia, yet he flopped at Spurs.

So, we'd have to get it spot on.

Somebody like Lacazette I think could very well come straight into the league and score goals, but then I think it's a balancing act of who we got in alongside him (or a player like that).

We're not going to be going and signing anybody who is at a 'big' CL club, realistically. Batshuayi is another one who is definitely leaving Marseille this summer and should have what it takes to make it at this level.

Interesting read on thos two here:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...hy-batshuayi-who-your-club-should-sign-summer

I can't personally think of anyone in Spain or Portugal (bar the obvious ones) that would definitely be a good replacement. Bakambu from Villarreal has had a good season but still would be a gamble and looked a but Niasse against the RS.

BOSS post...

I'd be happy with either, ideally both (I know, jumping the gun somewhat...)

But the reality is it's not gonna be an appeal via our history, or the 'project' alone...it's gonna be down to dough and the manager at the helm.

As terrible example...

A) Here, here's 100k pw...meet your manager, Mr Dyche = BYE (player asks 'who?', giggles, gets off...)

B) Here, here's 90k pw...meet your manager, Mr JOSE = Well...helllllloooooo (player purrs, signs)

Interesting, exciting times though eh...

Don't sell to a Premier League club. We can't be selling our best striker to a rival team and the. Expect to compete against said rival team in the next season.

BOSS post...

I'd be happy with either, ideally both (I know, jumping the gun somewhat...)

But the reality is it's not gonna be an appeal via our history, or the 'project' alone...it's gonna be down to dough and the manager at the helm.

As terrible example...

A) Here, here's 100k pw...meet your manager, Mr Dyche = BYE (player asks 'who?', giggles, gets off...)

B) Here, here's 90k pw...meet your manager, Mr JOSE = Well...helllllloooooo (player purrs, signs)

Interesting, exciting times though eh...

Yep, definitely.

Out of interest what has Rom actually said? Has something come out in the last day or so or is it just going off common sense/people wanting something else to whinge about?

Really getting sick of all this player power nowadays..
Would be nice to see us make a stand and put him in his place, he signed a contract to play for us for 5 years, therefore unless we decide we want rid he's going nowhere.
If he throws a strop and refuses to play we drop him and fine him a weeks wages for every game he misses, he'd soon learn that he's not bigger than the club, and if he's as good as he thinks he is then he'll get us into the champions league so everyones a winner.

The sheer arrogance of these people is infuriating, most of us would kill for a yearly salary of what he gets in a week and what do we get in return? moaning about wanting to move when it's not going well, he's 23 for gods sake, it's not like his career is about to end, even if he sat out his contract he'd still have 6-8 years of playing time to go achieve his ambitions...

These footballers are so out of touch with reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back